Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are Italian-made 17" Technomagnesis wheels off my B5.5 Passat. They are the Monaco series made by MIM wheels.
The come with good Kuhmo Ecsta tires.

I had these posted in my "Parting out" thread, but I may just be selling them outright instead of expecting a trade. A lot less confusing so I thought it might be more appropriate to start another thread.

The wheels alone were $350 each when new. Total $1400 (but These are not anywhere close.) and I paid over $300 for the tires (Kuhmo Ecsta) and there is quite a bit of useable tread left. Wheels are VERY lightwheight. Wheels have some curb damage, but nothing that couldn't be repaired (see pics). Would be a great second set for "winter wheels" or even nice showy wheels with just a professional polish or new powdercoating.

I don't know how to ship these, but I'm willing to find out if you want to pay for it. I have not yet decided what I want for these, so Make me offers. This is not an auction per say, but since I am taking offers, they will go to the highest bud. I'll tell ya NLT Moday if I removed them and they are officially for sale or not..

And pictures of the Wheels...
they are dirty, but you can see most of the noticeable damage. The one that is flat will have the tire replaced under road-hazard warranty. The others are holding air just fine and have a decent amount of tread left. I have some newer pics I'll post instead of these when I confirm they are for sale.

Driverside Front.........Passenger-side front

Driverside Rear.........Passenger-side Rear

And one wheel all clean... (think this wheel is the one with the flat tire now. Before the scratches occurred of course)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kevin - Have been following your saga from afar

Wish I could do something on these wheels, I probably would
if I were local, shipping would push these over my wheel budget

Bump for a guy that's had a rough month and for some sic wheels!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm releasing the car to insurance on Monday.
So unless someone wants to drive up and be here at 4pm tomorrow to swap them out,
Wheels are Gone!! Sorry!:(

At this point, keeping the car any longer is more of a hassle than anything.
I found no replacements in the short time I had, so unfortunately it looks like the wheels are going with the car...:cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts