Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found that DubStop is selling his Euro switch cheaper on ebay then his online store.

Item number: 130240736799 is the ebay item.

I got bought one for $30.50 bran new. :thumbup: grab them, two left!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Hi,

I found that DubStop is selling his Euro switch cheaper on ebay then his online store.

Item number: 130240736799 is the ebay item.

I got bought one for $30.50 bran new. :thumbup: grab them, two left!

I forgot which moderator piped in on another thread in the winter, but the ones sold by dubstop are the Chinese knockoffs, not the European made ones. Unless things have changed...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I forgot which moderator piped in on another thread in the winter, but the ones sold by dubstop are the Chinese knockoffs, not the European made ones. Unless things have changed...
but hes not comparing them to the ones sold by someone other then dubstop
hes saying they are cheaper on ebay then dubstop

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agree, but good thing you said something. On the ebay auction, DubStop is claiming that his is the 'real' deal and to watch out for the fakes.

<<<<<<<<<<"Please note that current market is flooded with fake switches that Look just like this one
but are known to have some serious weaknesses:
1. Permanent Install - Fragile "release mechanism" - easily breaks & causes switch to get STUCK in your dash.
2. Christmas Tree effect - on occasions turns EVERYTHING "ON" without you even touching the switch.

We recommend you do research the "source" (seller) thoroughly to avoid future problems.">>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess I will find out when i get the switch. lol

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
my current euroswitch still works after 3 years but the dash lights dont come on when i turn on parking lights/headlights/etc....weird

I got one used with my B5 OEM Hella HIDs and it's been working for the previous user for 6+ years and me for about 3 months no problems.

Do doubt the ones from China work and it's more a question of whether they are made with the same quality. However, I've noticed several OEM parts I've bought from the dealership to be made in China, so maybe VAG is offshoring production of many of it's parts to China these days.

Maybe some OEM parts are Chinese made ONLY from now on!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
no way....maybe its some underground sh*t

The OEM fuel filter I bought to replace the one on my 2001 B5 was made in China, and it came straight from a dealership parts desk. The box is pretty standard VAG packaging, focused VW labelling.

I've heard from a few people about some smaller OEM plastic parts from other local parts desks being made in China.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
i dont doubt it....bet you dealerships in germany wont give you chinese knock-offs though...

I don't know. I bet that VW USA and VW Canada probably use the exact same sources of parts or license out the making of certain parts to the same manufacturers.

I'm willing to bet if the German dealership sells you a Chinese-made part, they will charge you German prices and not what you can buy it for here or on eBay...

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I don't see people complaining about Jettas, Golfs and GTIs. They are not necessarily made in Germany.

Like someone said, unless the $30 part breaks in a few weeks, I don't really mind where it is made.

I ordered a Euroswitch from Dubstop recently. It does not look or feel any different from one I bought 4 years ago from Senna. Also, did you contact Rus about the pricing? He is an excellent seller and has hooked up many a people including me on quality parts for a while.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never contacted Russ. I kind of figured that I found the cheaper price I should not haggle lower. :) I also wanted say say Hi and ask about the Clear side markers, clear bumpper, and stubby chrom ant. but, later time I will worry about it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't see people complaining about Jettas, Golfs and GTIs. They are not necessarily made in Germany.

Like someone said, unless the $30 part breaks in a few weeks, I don't really mind where it is made.

I ordered a Euroswitch from Dubstop recently. It does not look or feel any different from one I bought 4 years ago from Senna. Also, did you contact Rus about the pricing? He is an excellent seller and has hooked up many a people including me on quality parts for a while.

you can not deny the fact that a jetta built in mexico is a lesser car then the wolfsburg edition

it just does not live up to the volkswagen standard :hmmm:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
you can not deny the fact that a jetta built in mexico is a lesser car then the wolfsburg edition

it just does not live up to the volkswagen standard :hmmm:
Are you serious? What is so great about 'Wolfsburg' editions? They were also made in Mexico. They have had nothing to do with Germany. Just a badge and some knick knacks.

On a personal note I would not buy a VW made outside of Germany either.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Are you serious? What is so great about 'Wolfsburg' editions? They were also made in Mexico. They have had nothing to do with Germany. Just a badge and some knick knacks.

On a personal note I would not buy a VW made outside of Germany either.
Wolfsburgs were made in Germany, check out the VIN on them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts