Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete Eibach Pro-System for 1.8T Passat Sedans (excluding the new 1.8T 4Motion).

System was on a 2003 1.8T Sedan for about five months / 5,500 miles. Rode silky smooth and was just as comfortable as stock, but no more "pitch & roll" when accelerating/decelrating/turning. Lowers 1.3 inches all the way around. I will even ship it in the Eibach Pro-System box. The only part "missing" is the Eibach spring seats for the front struts. I have been told purchasers of this system can either re-use the stock spring seats or purchase the "low-vin" springs seats that came on 1998-early 2000 Passats for an additional 10mm of lowering in the front.

System goes for $600 new, asking $412 shipped.

·
Registered
374 Posts
is it possible to mount the 1.8t springs/dampers on the v6 ? i hear the front eibachs ride high and i wouldnt mind the front end being dropped a bit more than the rear from the v6 added weight. can it work?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Damn, if this post was 1-2 months form now they would be sold, i'll be needing these about that time for my 17's. I'll just have to be touareg style a little longer :( :cry: :cry: :( :cry:

Bump for a good deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
im guessing the springs are already mounted on the shocks so all the installation will require is a wheel alignment, right? if so i will go ahead and get them for my 1.8t will it work on the 98 models?

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
timimmings said:
is it possible to mount the 1.8t springs/dampers on the v6 ? i hear the front eibachs ride high and i wouldnt mind the front end being dropped a bit more than the rear from the v6 added weight. can it work?
Yes,it will work. Expect an extra .3" drop with the V6. Trans will also
make a difference.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
System is still for sale. PM with an offer.

Fits 2000 to 2004 1.8T sedans according to Eibach's Web site, part number 8568.780.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Wooohoooo, this will be mine soon! Can't wait to install them. I loved my H&R OE sports, but I really wanted something a tad lower.
Thanks,
Lelo :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
Bleser
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing