Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Production Photos:

I'm convinced this sway bar is the best bang for buck handling mod you could possibly do on these cars. It's like a different machine, it stays so slammed in the corners it starts to push the rear end out and start squealing the tires. I can definitely tell that the front has more traction around turns too.

Ripping good job, Keith.
Passat B5/B5.5 FWD rear torsion beam stiffener, modeled after the SRS Real Street sway bar, fabricated from 4130 cro-moly tubing and 4130 plate, TIG welded by a master welder and finished in gloss black powder coat, a premium finish for a more refined appearance (not that it matters much because the bar is mounted under the car where only those with black patent leather shoes will ever see it—nevertheless, you will know it is tidy in its appearance). Premium grade 18-8 stainless steel fasteners, washers and nylon lock nuts included.

The SnunkBar SRS-style rear torsion beam stiffener is ridiculously easy to install (or remove) on a lift. Installation does requires a heavy duty drill (no cordless drill will have a long enough charge capacity to bore the torsion beam 8 times), and longer carbide/adamantium drill bit (size .375"), but with c-clamps as an aid, the bar itself serves as a drill alignment jig and eventually bolts up tight with the four 4" fasteners shown.

Limited quantity. $300 shipped to U.S. postal address.

Cheers,

Keith

·
Registered
481 Posts
will a kryptonite/unubtanium drill bit work too? if i wasnt in the middle of a turbo swap id be all over this...will you be able to have more made? down the road a little say 6 months when the funds are replenished?

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will a kryptonite/unubtanium drill bit work too? if i wasnt in the middle of a turbo swap id be all over this...will you be able to have more made? down the road a little say 6 months when the funds are replenished?
Will take a deposit for layaway... :wrench:

;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM and payment received. Will ship tomorrow morning. Thanks! :thumbup:

A few still remain. First come, first serve! ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm convinced this sway bar is the best bang for buck handling mod you could possibly do on these cars. It's like a different machine, it stays so slammed in the corners it starts to push the rear end out and start squealing the tires. I can definitely tell that the front has more traction around turns too.

Ripping good job, Keith.
A few still remain. First come, first serve! ;)

:wrench:

·
Registered
143 Posts
With all the installation info available here, it's a snap to install too.

After resolving the issue I created by not using enough anti-seize, and not getting the hardware tight enough, I have to reiterate how wonderful this bar makes my car feel. I'm blown away by how dramatic of an improvement was made to the otherwise stock suspension setup with just this bar. I get that a certain amount of understeer is engineered into vehicles to water them down for the general public. After driving around some CO canyons for a bit last night, and doing my normal 60 mile minimum commute today, I still can't believe that the VW engineers didn't make the rear end stiffer. The car feels so much more solid and predictable. Also, it's WAAAAAAAY more fun.

I'd strongly recommend this as a first mod. Or even only mod. As in, if this is literally the only thing you do to your car, it's a good choice. On the other hand, there's not a souped up Passat out there that doesn't have or have a need for a rear sway bar. If you're looking to make a dramatic improvement to your suspension/handling, this is the cheapest, and one of the most effective things you will do, and all other future suspension mods will continue to incorporate this piece.

I'm not Keith's sales guy, I'm just stoked. Really stoked.

Sure, you could save your money. I should have kept my old MkII and saved my money too. I'm pretty happy I didn't though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yummy photos of finished SnunkBar added to first post. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pair it up with an A6 front strut bar, prepped and ready to bolt on to your B5/5.5 for $375 including shipping to USPS address. I only have one strut bar at present, so first come, first serve — no dibs.

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When your Passat asks if this makes her ass look flat, you won't have to tell a white lie... :thumbup:

Have a few more of these I need to move out so I can make room for new shtuff. ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts