Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
this product works grea i have the same one in my jetta i might be picking this up for my b5.5....can u post some pics of this version for the passat?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wicked a2,
send me your e-mail addy and I'll send you some pics. My host hpphoto.com is down (no more directlink).

Turbox,
Hav'nt received any PM.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have a brand new Bonrath grill that I can sell cheap, only together with the wiper though.

·
Registered
921 Posts
JDigga said:
Caveat Emptor: the kit for Passats doesn't do 180 degrees. I have this on my car and it sweeps around 150 degrees. Did-it-myself in an hour or so.

can u post a pic of where it starts and end
i wanna get this but, if it dont sweep the full 180 or 177 ish
then its not what i need

·
Registered
872 Posts
Here's a pic of my car.

If you look at the driver's side of the windshield, that line of dirt is where the wiper stops.

For some people it might be annoying since there's a big area that doesn't get touched.

But I have a boost gauge and other crap in that corner so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
921 Posts
staffan can you confirm this
ive call around and foud out that their is 2 types of mono wipers!
one (the cheaper version) only does a 150
and the other (the more $$ one) does a full 180

J & staffan wich one do you have

·
Registered
872 Posts
It is impossible for a single wiper to do 180 degrees on a Passat.

If you look at the position of the pivot point of the wiper arm, it's not in the center of the windshield.

Look at the pic--if the wiper kept going to a full 180, the end of the wiper blade would be sticking out 6-8" past the side of the windshield.

Unless you can show us a kit that moves the entire assembly towards the centerline and requires you to punch a new hole in the cowl.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Club B5 ers, I installed the Bonrath system on my 2001 in 2001, being a hugh sportscar racing fan it was a must have. I love it, yes I would have prefered it made the full 180 stroke, but on our cars the 1/16 it misses is not an issue, at least it comes to rest at a perfect position, I doubt any company will ever make a full 180 for the B5, so for my money the Bonrath gets it, by the way I paid $350.00...

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Kevtuner said:
being a hugh sportscar racing fan it was a must have.
And following that same reasoning, we should expect a 3 foot high touring car spoiler on your car next?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts