Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black passat with tan interior and V6 motor that does not run. The car is currently at the mechanics. The car will not start due to loss of compression probably becayse of bad rings. Other then the motor not starting the car is in great shape on the exterior and good shap in the interior.

Make me an offer and the car is yours. The car is in frederick MD.

Cell# 301-524-7529

·
Registered
864 Posts
possibility of a part out? Need stock parts. What might be the asking price though? Will it be running whenit gets out of the shop? Parts car might be nice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no plans on fixing this car so it is being sold as is.

I would prefer to sell the entire thing whole. I am going to call the junk yard tomorrow and see how much they will give me for it, so if you offer more then them the car is yours.

·
Registered
864 Posts
you wouldn't happen to have pics, would you? Would make it easier for me to make an offer. Even though the car is not what I am looking for, I could really use most of the parts out of it. Let us know what the junkyard says. I think you could get more money if you went with parting it out, THEN bringing the car to the yard, but thats just me

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
beef1020 said:
I have a black passat with tan interior and V6 motor that does not run. The car is currently at the mechanics. The car will not start due to loss of compression probably becayse of bad rings. Other then the motor not starting the car is in great shape on the exterior and good shap in the interior.

Make me an offer and the car is yours. The car is in frederick MD.

Cell# 301-524-7529
do not sell. contact autohaus in baltimore, md (off of falls rd, near 21210). This happened to me, nothing wrong with the rings. My mechanic just cleaned the cylinders with automatic transmission fluid and it ran like normal. He says it is common with the 30v v6, even had an A6 with exact same problem a month ago. Seriously, only took him 2 hours worth of labor ($150) for a repair my wife and I were expecting to pay close to $1000 for. Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have pictures of the car. It is at the mechanics now so I can't go out and snap some pictures but I could have some by this weekend. Someone might be coming to look at it this weekend but if that does not work out I will let you know.

Thanks for the suggestion about the trans fluid. I don't think it is an issue of just cleaning out the cylenders. If you take the oil cap off and try to turn it over there exhaust gas comes out of the oil fill hole.

By the way approx how much do you think this car is worth with a clean body. I was thinking around $1000?

Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
beef1020 said:
I do not have pictures of the car. It is at the mechanics now so I can't go out and snap some pictures but I could have some by this weekend. Someone might be coming to look at it this weekend but if that does not work out I will let you know.

Thanks for the suggestion about the trans fluid. I don't think it is an issue of just cleaning out the cylenders. If you take the oil cap off and try to turn it over there exhaust gas comes out of the oil fill hole.

By the way approx how much do you think this car is worth with a clean body. I was thinking around $1000?

Thanks for the interest.
how much of a loss would $150 be compared to how much this car would be worth if it was running? The $150 estimate is for two hours of work at a $75hr rate. It could possibly be accomplished for less. Why not just give autohaus a call. Call is free, see what he says. I really couldn't tell you, just thought it would definately be worth the effort. A car with a potential value near $5000+/- and you are going to accept $1000. Some mechanics are good, others are better. Maybe you have gotten second opinions, but if you haven't it may be a mistake. Just want to help you out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B5Greg, I have someone looking at it on saturday but if that falls through and you are still interested it is your for 1000.

It is a sedan not a wagon, thanks for the interest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts