Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW PRICE: $400 shipped - FIRM.

Hello All,

I am selling a used set of B5 Hella HID headlight assemblies. There are no leveling motors but comes with everything else. The plastic "glass" is a little pitted but still clear and not discolored. Things to note, the driver's side has a broken center adjustment screw. It can be repaired, need to use a high temp adhesive to glue the adjustment tab back onto the projector plate. Can not take a picture of the broken part. Have to take apart the housing to make the repair. Also the plastic guides for the corner parking light on the driver's side are broken but that never affected it. I bought the unit like this. Never much of a problem. First $450 gets it shipped FedEx ground to their front door anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Located in the Bay Area

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Couple of pics with them on my car and pics of the units themselves.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this for serious?
What about it do you not believe? I want to sell these but I can not sell them for what they normally go for used cause they have flaws. So if your willing to repair them, then buy them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one wants it? I will try to get some pics up. I am not BS'ing here. If you don't like the price then throw me some reasonable offers.

·
Registered
842 Posts
solid deal here, i bought mine used for much more.
what's a little epoxy to save some dollars?

somebody should jump on this......

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Purple is correct. These are not the plain projectors. Please give me a little more credit. I would not sell something that is used and has some defects for more than new. It is working and has all of the bulbs including the H7 high beams. It is a genuine OEM B5 HID set. I will post some pics a little bit to prove that they are what I said they are.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
well.... sob. i just dropped a bunch of cash on knockoffs 12 hours before ya put these up for sale:(

supprized noone has gone after these yet. usually by the time i see them for sale im bout 30th or so person in line lol

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well.... sob. i just dropped a bunch of cash on knockoffs 12 hours before ya put these up for sale:(

supprized noone has gone after these yet. usually by the time i see them for sale im bout 30th or so person in line lol
That sucks. I know how you feel though. That happens to me all the time when I find a VagCom for sale.:banghead: Let me know if you change your mind though.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
would you be able to take a close up picture of where those headlights are sealed, i want to take a look at the glue that holds the lens. i just want to double check that prying them open is doable, thanks

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
would you be able to take a close up picture of where those headlights are sealed, i want to take a look at the glue that holds the lens. i just want to double check that prying them open is doable, thanks
Its is, alittle heat and a putty knife. Then seal up with a clear high temp RTV.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its is, alittle heat and a putty knife. Then seal up with a clear high temp RTV.
What he said.

I tried taking close up pics of it but my digi cam sucks. Even with the close up fucntion on, it still came out blurry. I can still you that there is some glue on it. I tried doing it myself last night but I stopped cause I didn't have any glue to put it back together. There are clips around the lense to help keep it in place as well.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts