Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PENDING: B5.5 ECE Bi-Xenon headlamps.

Sale pending to rollininstyle2004

I traded my GLS in for a W8, so I don't need these anymore.

The lights themselves are functionally sound, no operational defects.
Housings are in good shape and require no repairs before installation.
The lenses have some minor scrapes and some clouding around the extreme edges, nothing noticeable once installed that a little PlastX and a powerball can't cure. I'll pack in some wet sanding paper in case you're really anal about em ;)

Only real flaw is that one of the retaining clips that locks the lens to the housing is snapped off along with the bit of plastic it attaches to. Flaw is not generally visible while lights are installed and does not impair the lights in any way. There are additional clips holding the lens in place and a very snug fit, so this should not be a problem (and hasn't been for the several months i've used them)

These lamps are plug-n-play and are W8 tinted. Comes with standard 4300k bulbs.

Looking to get $500 + shipping.

side by side:

driver side, front:

driver side, rear:

passenger side, front:

passenger side, back:

snapped clip, and a good view of the remaining haze:

installed:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good lord thats a hella good price .......
It's what I paid lbpassat for them. They're in much better condition than I got them in, but I don't think it's fair to profit on them.

I figure the hours spent polishing the lenses and dismantling my front end are more than made up for by just being able to use them for these past months. Sometimes you don't realize just how great something is until it's gone, and I'm tellin ya I could have cried the 2 nights I spent with the stock halogens back in my GLS. When I took my W8 out for my first night drive, I actually exclaimed to my passenger "BY GOD I CAN SEE AGAIN!! ALLELUIA!". There really is no going back to halogen.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STraight plug n play? If so can I get 1st dibs

BTW u need 54 more posts
Yes, they use your standard 10-pin connection, not like the USDOT ones that have the extra 2 pins for leveling. All you have to do is either pull relay 173 to disable your DRLs, or bypass the reduction circuit by putting a jumper into the plug behind the passenger-side kick-panel if you want to run the HIDs as DRLs.

And I'm not doing a group buy, I only have 1 set for sale ;)
(double-checked the rules tho to be safe, if the limit is in another post, shoot me a link and I'll make sure to make a few posts tonight :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to get them packed and weighed today on my lunch break (around 1pm eastern). All shipping numbers will include tracking and insurance.

M_R: You've got dibs, so shoot me your zip if you still want them.

Jordan, you're 2nd up so I'll get your ship rate while i'm out. Shouldn't be bad since it's only got 1 state line to cross :)

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I'm going to get them packed and weighed today on my lunch break (around 1pm eastern). All shipping numbers will include tracking and insurance.

M_R: You've got dibs, so shoot me your zip if you still want them.

Jordan, you're 2nd up so I'll get your ship rate while i'm out. Shouldn't be bad since it's only got 1 state line to cross :)
Cool...let me know :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts