Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSFGP - Autometer Cobalt EGT (Pyrometer) [NIB]

"Might Sell For Good Price" (Not Feeler) [NIB]=New In Box

New, never used, Autometer Cobalt EGT (Pyrometer). I ordered it and talked myself out of the install. I believe the meter is 2.25" in diameter. Includes probes that come with the meter.

Looking to get $150 total, shipping is included. I will entertain reasonable offers.

I know how much they cost on www.egauges.com, so please limit your sarcasm to one post. Thanks!

Meter for Sale:

Autometer Cobalt Series Illuminated (not actual meter for sale)

<![CDATA["Might Sell For Good Price" (Not Feeler) [NIB]=New In Box

New, never used, Autometer Cobalt EGT (Pyrometer). I ordered it and talked myself out of the install. I believe the meter is 2.25" in diameter. Includes probes that come with the meter.

Looking to get $150 total, shipping is included. I will entertain reasonable offers.

I know how much they cost on www.egauges.com, so please limit your sarcasm to one post. Thanks!

Meter for Sale:

Autometer Cobalt Series Illuminated (not actual meter for sale)

[Modified by kjspro, 3:46 PM 12/5/2002]

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Re: MSFGP - Autometer Cobalt EGT (kjspro)

You might want to try posting this on a DSM, Supra, RX7, or other turboed sports car board. Most of the cars here aren't tuned aggressively enough to make use of an EGT. I know many guys use EGTs to monitor their engine when leaning out their fuel maps using a piggyback engine management system. I don't think there is a piggyback engine management system developed for our Passats.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: MSFGP - Autometer Cobalt EGT (pacent)

Pacent - Not a bad idea. I thought the EGT is a good gauge for "chipped" engines, so you can tell what is going on internally. That was why I bought it in the first place. I just got a little worried about down time during the install, this is my daily driver!!! Plus, I don't really know what I am doing installing this thing. I figured I should just "step away from the vehicle" and not attempt the install.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: MSFGP - Autometer Cobalt EGT (TURBO_VW_PASSAT)

For a 1.8T engine, an EGT with 1600 F max is not enough imho

It's great for a V6 though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts