Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLDHas the 91 octane chip with latest program. I purchased the above mentioned ECU second hand knowing that it had an issue with it. I installed the ECU and it runs great with very nice power, but will cut off for an unknown reason at random times. I have experienced it 3 times in 3 weeks. I can wait a few minutes and it will fire back up like nothing is wrong. Previous owner had similar problems and sent it back to APR and they gave it a clean bill of health. Maybe someone with a Vag-Com can trouble shoot it and figure it out, but I don't want to get into it.

I will sell the complete ECU with chip for $150 shipped within the US. I accept PayPal but will need $155 to cover their fees.

I will also consider a trade for used Bilstein Sports for a 98 Passat.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm ordering new bilsteins on Monday, and if you'll wait for my used ones, I'll send you $35 and bilsteins. None are blown to my knowledge, but the ride is a little rough. It may be cause my wheels, but I'm not sure. As far as testing the ECU in my car, do you have a spare ecu? I would like to ensure it works in an A4 before buying it. Let me know how you like this offer.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B5V6 said:
I'm ordering new bilsteins on Monday, and if you'll wait for my used ones, I'll send you $35 and bilsteins. None are blown to my knowledge, but the ride is a little rough. It may be cause my wheels, but I'm not sure. As far as testing the ECU in my car, do you have a spare ecu? I would like to ensure it works in an A4 before buying it. Let me know how you like this offer.
Yes I have the stock one. What are the part #'s on your Bilsteins?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'll have to check, but when I bought them, they were the sports for low vin# B5's. My vin# just missed the cut-off, being a '00 made in dec. '99. They work fine, the back end just sits slightly lower than the front. It's not too noticeable unless you know about it. Where would the part # be at on them?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B5V6 said:
I'll have to check, but when I bought them, they were the sports for low vin# B5's. My vin# just missed the cut-off, being a '00 made in dec. '99. They work fine, the back end just sits slightly lower than the front. It's not too noticeable unless you know about it. Where would the part # be at on them?
I would think they would be stamped on the side. I thought the A6 shocks were the same as a Passat and the A4 is slightly different.
The part # I am looking for is B36-2081 (fronts) and BE3-2533 (rears) which are the Sports for the 98-99 and low vin 2000 Passats
If you have these or the even the HD's I would take your offer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Would it be possible to take this chip of your ECU (Same Number) and put it in mine???? Any Idea what that would cost? Is it something that APR would do?

Sal :crazy:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'm checking the part number on the bilsteins today. I'm a definate on this chip if these are the bilsteins you want. I'll get back to you as soon as I have the part numbers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts