Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these won't be the most popular items but they're just taking up space in my garage and I'd like to sell them if someone needs or wants them.

Corners - $30 + shipping
Sides - $10 + shipping

Or make offer.

Any takers!?

<![CDATA[I know these won't be the most popular items but they're just taking up space in my garage and I'd like to sell them if someone needs or wants them.

Corners - $30 + shipping
Sides - $10 + shipping

Or make offer.

Any takers!?

[Modified by spaceduber, 9:02 AM 6/25/2002]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Re: FS: Amber Corners & Sides from '98 (spaceduber)

Are you kidding? Everyone has clear stuff now, that makes retro people like me the unique ones with the amber!
I think you should double those prices

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: Amber Corners & Sides from '98 (StLB5)

Thanks Josh, do you need an extra set?

I was hoping someone might want to:

a) take their '98 back to stock.
b) go retro with their '99/'00.
c) replace damaged ones.

Maybe I should go back to amber. I'd have better luck selling the stock CCs and sides I have now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FS: Amber Corners & Sides from '98 (NUISANCE)

No, they are the corner lamps (next to headlights) and side markers. '99s and newer have clear corners and sides, '98s sported amber. I swapped mine out for stock clear corners (amber stripe) and sides like on a '99 and am just seeing if anyone wants the ambers. Otherwise I'll probably end up trashing them.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Re: FS: Amber Corners & Sides from '98 (spaceduber)

Spaceduber, keep them in case you plan to sell the car. Clear corners without any amber are technically illegal. It's always good to keep as much of your original stock equipment as possible.

Besides, based on the fickle and sometimes irrational tastes of the modding public, you might see a resurgence of amber corner lovers

I would definitely not throw them away...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FS: Amber Corners & Sides from '98 (ashman78)

The corners I have now are VW OEM that I bought at the stealership, they have the amber stripe. With the exception of the stubby passenger side mirror and missing middle rear seat headrest my car look pretty much like a stock '99. The CCs and sides look so much better than the amber I seriously doubt I would ever go back.

My father has been looking for a used vehicle to replace his aging Mazda POS and has offered to buy my car, modest mods and all, for a good price. So in about 3-4 months I'm going to be selling it to him, as is, then I'm off to the Audi dealer and that other Club with one letter and one number less than this one.

Pehaps I'll hang onto the ambers but I would like them to go to a good home where they will be loved. My better half may suggest I get rid of them down the road. Please, anyone!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts