Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
That would look so pimp on a B5! Do you happen to know if there are any HP gains from a front mount mod? GL with the sale.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
That would look so pimp on a B5! Do you happen to know if there are any HP gains from a front mount mod? GL with the sale.
You don't gain horsepower from an intercooler. It keeps you from losing if from heat. There use to be a thread about it, but I can't find it off the top of my head.

I'm running the same unit on my car and it works great.

·
Registered
835 Posts
do you have the box it came in with all the paper work? If so whats the part number on it?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i know i've mentioned this in a few threads already but i used to believe that the fmic gives no add'l gains but i just recently installed mine, and maybe depends on the setup but i gained 1-2lbs of boost, which in turn made the car more aggressive. i know there's a certain point where add'l boost doesn't yield more power, just runs the turbo hotter but i guess with my conservative chip, the extra boost helped.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
i know i've mentioned this in a few threads already but i used to believe that the fmic gives no add'l gains but i just recently installed mine, and maybe depends on the setup but i gained 1-2lbs of boost, which in turn made the car more aggressive. i know there's a certain point where add'l boost doesn't yield more power, just runs the turbo hotter but i guess with my conservative chip, the extra boost helped.
Hey when did you get this done? Who did the work? I got off the FMIC bandwagon because paying 700 plus for no HP and no gains seems foolish. I have a 1.8T that is chipped with GIAC, has an exhaust and its slow to me. Could you explain your newfound exgressiveness? Also how much for everything? Can PM or post here

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well most people think there is no gain of HP when getting a FMIC but it all depends on the setup. If you have a stock setup you wont gain nothing at all. But if you have a bigger setup or better tuning it would help a little. I think GIAC offer a conservation program.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts