Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states.....

I have a new car, and need to make room in my garage!!

Car Specs:
1999 Passat GLS
Tiptronic
White with tan leather
99.5K miles (all adult driven)
I will try to list all the mods and repairs/maintenance that I can remember, but I'm sure I will forget something....
multiple-show winner

Mods:
OEM HID's
Clear Corners
LED side markers
Chrome Mirror covers (in-pro)
Stubby pass. mirror
chrome badgeless grill
Kamei grill
KW V1 coils (also have neuspeed race spring/bilstein combo, plus stock)
full Mahle S4 front suspension (control arms, tie rods, ball joints)
19" Audi A8 wheels with 235/35/19 Nitto NT555 tires
2.5" turbo-back exhaust, including hi-flow cat (brand new)
K&N air filter
GIAC Chip and Tiptronic Chip
Alpine CDA-9853 Headunit
Alpine spr-17LS 6.5" components in the front doors
Phoenix Gold Titanium 500.4 amp running components
Alpine Type-R 12" sub
Alpine MRD-M301 sub amp
Full customized trunk, including plexiglass, cover panels, and white inserts
Momo shift Knob
Mk4 GTI steering wheel (w/airbag)
Stubby antenna (chrome/black)
10% tint (was done when the car was initially purchased)
VW factory roof rack w/thule basketcase
*all stock parts included

Maintenance:
(ALL DONE WITHIN THE PAST YEAR)
New Optima red-top battery
ABS control module rebuilt
new exhaust
S4 suspension conversion
Motor Mounts (all)
Tranny Mounts (all)
Snub Mount
Belts, Hoses, Plugs, Wires
valve cover gasket seal
fuel filter
mobil 1 full Syn used religiously in 3k intervals

....again, I know i am forgetting things, and will try to add things i've replaced or fixed as I remeber them.
The woodgrain is gone completely, as this was a truly controversial "mod/theme" for the '06 season!!!
Oh yeah, almost forgot....looking for the $6k with ALL mods and OEM parts, for quick sale. Not interested in parting out yet.......

Pix for Clicks!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car currently is in "intermediate winter mode..."

It is running the steelies with the 225/50/15 inters, and i also have a set of brand new Blizzaks for full winter mode!!
Am also using the Kamei grill, so the chrome badgeless wont get damaged in winter! We havent had any snow yet, so, the inters and the chrome mirror covers are still on!

Bump this up!!

Somebody has to want a winter beater with show winning capabilities!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be giving the baby a bath tomorrow, and will update exterior and interior pix, along with a shot of the trunk.

I knew I was forgetting something...car has a Viper 791xv alarm/remote start unit with 2-way pager capabilities as well....will be sold with the car!!

bump for updates!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Somebody has to want a winter beater with show winning capabilities!!!
By the looks of the car I'd say that it does not classify as a "winter beater" :p

Good Luck with the sale, the car looks sweet. If you were a bit closer I might consider it but I'm not sure what I'd do with two Candy Whites :thumbup:

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
what did you do to get the S4 suspension upgrade? what did that consist of?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pardon the ignorance..What is that on the sides? Is that an effect of the picture or is that a jeep cherokee wood wagon look? Just curious. Its in some picture but not in all.

You are correct, it was woodgrain. It started as a joke for a show, and the response was so overwhelming, I ran it for an entire season of shows.

Gonna snow here tomorrow (and rained all weekend), so I didnt get the car washed and get the interior done. It has rained in 10 of the past 12 days here in Indy, so once we get a single dry day, I will get the interior pix and clean car pix very soon!!!

I would be up or a roadie to meet 1/2 way, but the car doesnt like snow very well with the current suspension on the car, and I cant get the time off work!! Shipping is available however......;-)

·
Registered
343 Posts
already looked into shipping.... looks like it would run me around 800-1200 frosties. Not sure if I could get another loan right now anyway.... Still have to pay off a couple houses :(

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts

As I've told you before, this was the reason I joined www.clubb5.com and started to mod my car - shame to see you selling, lets hope someone here buys it and carries on the good work

Bump.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the compliments everyone, it brought a tear to my eye, especially after the luke-warm reception I got at Treffen last year!!!

I am not interested in parting the car out at all, as the modifications add value for no money in the car!!! (actually, I am just too lazy to part it out - lol)

I really want to pass this car along to someone who will love it and care for it as I did.....this car is 95% to being a certified show stunner, and just needs a couple things to make her the perfect project I envisioned when I bought it!!!

bump and thanks again for the compliments everyone!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
S4 suspension upgrades came from ECS tuning...

sorry for the delay on interior and trunk pix! Has been a long, crazy and crappy midwest week! Rain every day, like I'm in seattle or something (no offense to the pnw peeps, but i dont know how u do it)!!!

Pix will get posted on Saturday if the car isnt sold!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts