Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new tires installed yesterday, so my old tires are up for sale. They have ~10,000 miles on them. There is still around 60-70% treadlife remaining. The tire shop measured 6/32nds and they come with 10/32nds new. They are 225/45/17 Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 with a treadwear of 300, Temp A, Traction A. Here is what tirerack says about them:

"The Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 is an All-Season Grand Touring tire that was developed to provide driving harmony by blending responsive handling with good ride and noise comfort. It was developed to blend some of the looks and handling of a performance tire with the reduced noise and ride comfort associated with a premium passenger tire, as well as provide year round traction, even in light snow"

This tire has proved to be great in all conditions. They are not high performance tires, so I would not recommend buying them for the track. They will get you through the thin and somewhat thick. I am selling them because they did not have a lip protector for my 17X8s, I decided to go with a tire that has the 'lip protector (Dunlop SP9000). I recommend using these tires for 7-8 inch wide wheels only, no bigger than 8 inches wide. Other than that, I have had no complaints.

These were $188 a tire when I bought them and they are $177 each now. I bought them new in March 2003. I am selling 5 of them. One of them has a plug but it holds air just fine (this was my fifth one and was on my spare).

For any CB5 member, I am asking $175.00 obo for all FIVE (plus shipping). I would say you can get another 20-25K on these tires.
Thanks,
Lelo
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Lemme raise my hand first but ask for some better pictures... use the little flower icon on your camera and shoot in the daylight. :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the pics, it was a last minute picture spree before I went to work. Now the tires are off the wheels so better pics can be taken.
-Lelo

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jim!

Meltemie, shipping will be $63.00 for all five.

Here are the updated pics:

All five:

The spare tire that has the plug:

The four that were on the car:

Sidewall:

How they looked on my wheels:

Thanks,
Lelo

·
Registered
479 Posts
Leloz said:
This tire has proved to be great in all conditions.
These same tires came on my W8. I'm in the Northeast (NYC area), and I found them to be awful in the snow and slush, despite being all-season tires. TireRack's rating on their snow traction isn't that great.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics, Lelo. I regret that I will have to pass as I'm looking for stiffer sidewalls. I've been spoiled by Z-rated skins and my suspension now is brutal on the soft sidewalls of my winter tires.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We get snow maybe twice a year here in Va. Beach, so their snow use was ....limted. They are up on the 'bay now. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Leloz
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing