Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping I can find a home for my poor Passat, which has recently been diagnosed w/ antifreeze in the engine.

Colorado Red, 2002 1.8T w/ 228,000 miles on the odometer.
Interior is in great condition. Black cloth. Manually adjustable seats.
Moonroof, Moonsoon stereo, very good body condition except for slight damage in the front (pushed in a bit, including slight damage to the hood and headlamp).
I installed a Parrot Hands-Free unit to synch with my cell phone via bluetooth. Wired separatly from the radio, so it has its own speaker mounted under the steering column.

I can have the car towed anywhere within Monmouth County, NJ or you can drive it away, if you don't mind the terrible smokescreen and chance you'll be stopped by the police.

I'm asking $1000. I know once the engine is fixed (or replaced), someone can make a decent buck reselling.

·
Registered
537 Posts
No offense, the price isn't that bad...but Passats are haaarrrddd to sell these days.
And engines are expensive! Think $2500.

So if someone paid 1k for this, 2500 for the motor,300 for incidentals and what ever labor cost (hopefully free but up to $1300) They are still well over 3500 into a car with over 200k miles. For 3500, they can get one with 130k miles running more or less okay...and hopefully without the body damage.

Sorry if it sounds like I am screwing with your thread, I truly wish you the best. It just seems like a tough sell to me. Donation might be an option if you think the tax deduction would help you.

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,322 Posts
x2. If you're only looking for $1000, you should just part it out. You'd get some decent money selling everything but the motor (tranny, body panels, sensors, interior, head/tail lights, etc) and once you get all you can out of it, scrap it.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've also seen some junk yards offering close to $1000 for cars as long as its complete. u may get close to it, and no work for you as they come tow it away.

however, if u do plan to part it out, i'm interested in the CCM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.