7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver exterior, black leather interior
Automatic
Monsoon sound system
Alloy wheels
Moonroof
just under 17,000 miles

I leased this car new and have only put 17K miles on the odometer. I use this car as my daily commuter, 14 miles round trip 5 days a week. The car has been garaged days/nights, never been smoked in, no accidents/damage of any kind (not even a single door ding). In fact, the passenger seat/rear seats have only been sat in once or twice. I am selling b/c I have just purchased a new car and obviously don't want to make payments on a car I will not be using.

I have all original equipment that came with the car, all manuals and all service records from day 1.

I am asking $17,200, as this is the payoff balance on the lease.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lease ends Oct 3, 2004. I could payoff the lease by making all my remaining payments ($415/mo for 5 remaining months) and return the vehicle at a net cost = $2075 plus the lease-end (pickup) fee of $275, for a total amount of $2,350.

VW Credit however offers the option of purchasing the car outright (and therefore terminating the lease) at any time. The purchase quote as of today is $17,577. However, I have just made the April payment, which will bring the buyout amount to approximately $17,200.

I just have a hard time with potentially returning the car with only 17,000 miles on it. Plus, I still have to fulfill the remaining term of the lease, which will cost me $2,350 (+ insurance). That is what I have to gain by selling the car. I figure someone will be interested at this price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
fivespeed said:
Lease ends Oct 3, 2004. I could payoff the lease by making all my remaining payments ($415/mo for 5 remaining months) .
Wow... You can lease a 04 1.8t GLS for 239/month....

·
Banned
211 Posts
Wow... You can lease a 04 1.8t GLS for 239/month....
before you say such things like 239/month, maybe u want to mention in downpayment, residuals, interest

that # means nothing to me, good luck with your sale, i'm thinking of selling my leased passat too, i rather keep it, but gf wants automatic car :(
good luck with the sale

1 - 12 of 12 Posts