Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend, Kathleen, is selling her parents' X5.

My mom is looking to sell her 2001 X5 4.4i automatic, non-sport loaded with all options except nav and heated steering wheel. White exterior in near-perfect condition except for a ding on the rear bumper. Gray leather interior with comfort seats and seat heaters in the front and rear. Xenon low-beam headlights, upgraded stereo package and All-season stock tires on the car. 60,XXX miles on the clock, and serviced at the recommended intervals. Asking $35,000 obo.

Pictures are on pages 4 and 5 of my brother's cardomain website:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/439924/5

Please email me at [email protected] for questions about the car.
Car is located in Long Island and shipping is to be handled by the buyer.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=175900

If any of you are interested or would know anyone interested, feel free to email her directly.

Andy

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Nice X5, best friend's father owns the BMW dealership in Alaska, and fell in love with that SUV. This past christmas while visitint, took an 04 4.4 for the weekend, and even without winter studded tires, that beast ATE the snow...

I'll take taht E55 for $35K though ;)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
X3 sucks for the money that you pay for it... when for a just a little more, you can get the X5 with the same engine...

Kinda like the iPod and iPod mini... why would you pay 250 for a 4gig one that's just a little smaller, when you can have a full size one for 300 and 16 more gigs... looks like someone in Apple and BMW have been having one too many late night sessions :p

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Supposedly the X3 is much less harsh if you don't get the sport package. I saw one in real life (my dad has an X5 3.0i and we had to go for service at the BMW dealership YAY!), it's barely smaller than an X5 (they were next to eachother) and it looks like it was hastily designed. In my opinion it's just a vehicle that was quickly created to fill a price bracket and compete more directly with vehicles such as the RX 330 (the lexus thing that's so popular with mothers...;) ). It's not a bad vehicle, but I think the taillights could use some work, the interior quality looks very nice, but obviously the cost cutting process took its toll. I.E. plastic door handles, and plastic bumper trim. Along with more luxurious features not coming standard...

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Any electrical problems with the truck? Those 01 X5's were infamous for having electrical issues, but other than that it's a solid truck. Drop me an IM, I may know somebody in Purchase, NY who might be interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts