Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Price Reduced to $3,000. Interior Lexol'ed last weekend, new expansion tank going in this weekend!!

Why isn't this car sold yet?!??

A 2000 1.8T GLS blue Passat 5-speed manual, full leather, Monsoon system and 6-CD changer in the trunk. Original owner, every receipt and maintenance record going back to Mile 1. Even the purchase documentation and window sticker.

Painfully maintained both inside and out. Interior is near flawless, exterior has the expected wear & tear. No accidents, not even a near-miss. The only serious body issue is a scratch on the rear bumper from a garage door.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen Volkswagen passat

The Pros:
+ Very solid engine, no mods EXCEPT an Upsolute ECM reflash in 2002. That brings the HP up to the 190+ range, and the torque to almost 200.
+ Timing belt done (by me) at 85k, so there's 50k on it now and you'll need to consider a replacement in another 25-35k. ECS Tuning Ultimate Timing Belt Kit.
+ No CCM issues, no water intrusion issues, ever.
+ Leather interior has been Lexol'd since Day 1. There is a small "crease" in the driver's seat leather, but it's been there for almost 5 yrs and isn't wearing. The pass side seat had water (water bottle) on it a few years ago; the leather's fine, but it's a bit stiff, even after Lexol and another quality leather treatment.
+The car was garaged since Day 1 and gets an annual clay bar and usually twice a year gets a nice Mother's wax. At this moment the finish feels slightly better than a 2013 Porsche Carrera - yes, it's that smooth.
+ Everything works. The switches work, the sunroof works, the locks work (although the pass side lock does take a few tries with the remote every few months to get it to lock appropriately.), the heater works, the A/C works, heated seats work, heated mirrors work.
+ I have all three keys - the two remote keys and the valet.
+ New tie rod ends, new brakes (ECS Tuning, Mehle rotors, PBR pads) in the past year. ABS module electronics rebuilt by Module Masters in 2007, flawless since then.
+ Brake fluid flush in the past 6 months.
+ All windows tinted; the pass front window tint is starting to flake off and could use a replacement some day.
+ PCV system, spark plugs, and valve cover gasket changed in the past year
+ Power steering fluid flushed in the past 6 years.
+ Quality parts & fluids always used. Real G12, etc.
+ This car has always started first time, every time, every morning when I head to work.
+ Excel spreadsheet with all maintenance entered, so you can see exactly when all the work was done.

The Cons:
- The belly pan is starting to fail at the front (10mm) bolt hole. The current one will likely last 1-2 more years before it seriously needs replacing
- There are places on the hood & roof where the paint is slightly less than perfect. I'm only pointing this out because the rest of the car's finish is near perfect and these places aren't - maybe 90% perfect and in reality hardly noticeable, but I want to be honest about this.

Remember what you're getting for this price: the car, a Bentley manual (a $100 value), a pair of motor mounts that I bought last year and haven't installed yet (another near $100 value), a few gaskets (intake manifold, cam seals, fuel injector seals, etc.) and the knowledge that this car was well taken care of (priceless). I'll even throw in the oil analyses done over the past few years (yet another $50-75 value)

So, let's cut the "or best offer" part of this and I'll give you my final offer - SEE BELOW.

OK - The wife's pushing me to get this car gone; price is now $3000.

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,304 Posts
Wow, amazingly clean and cared for car. Someone should snag this up quick. Peace of mind from a single owner with proper maintenance history goes a long way.

GLWS man :thumbup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A one-week bump to the top.
Did I mention my friends think I'm nuts to part with such a well-maintained car?

Did I also mention that this car has easily passed every CA smog check, and has been CEL-free for years? The last CEL was at 40k when the vacuum hoses began to fail.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
If I lived in CA and needed a B5, I'd leap all over this. Seems like such a well maintained car and super clean to say the least. Someone needs to get this. Good look to you!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PM me with your location and I'll meet you somewhere. There's not much more in a photo that I can show than is already in the existing pics.

I'll be gone from this Sat to next Fri, so it may take awhile for me to get back to you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few more pics to stimulate interest: Engine bay, front interior, and a closeup of the scratch on the rear bumper. The black leather is darker than it appears in the pic, it's just the bright lighting that washes it out.

In trying to make sure I list every flaw, I should point out there is a circular crack on the windshield (repaired, but visible), on the drivers side, about 3-4" in above from the bottom. Another small crack, about 3/4" long just about dead center in the windshield.

Did I mention I'll also throw in a set of fuel injector seals? Another project I haven't quite gotten around to doing. Not that the existing ones are failing, but I've always tried to stay a step ahead on the maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lower price - $3450; but this is only good until the end of April and I take the car off the market.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
OK, wife won't let me do this as a trade-in at the dealer, so I've got to keep it up here until it's gone. Now even lower at $3,000!!!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two more weeks have passed since the last update. Like it says above, new expansion tank going in this weekend. Not because of leaks or other issues, just to keep the engine bay looking 1st class.

I can't let it go for below $3000, and whoever gets it will be getting a primo ride.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bump for a nice B5. My 2000 with the ATW engine has 265,000 and is still very strong. A well cared for B5 will run for a really long time. Very nice though, wish I had started with an example this nice tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts