Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there! It's been a while since I've been a member here at this site. I was like member 427 from back in the really old school days when I first joined in Aug. 1999. Back then this place was simply called ClubB5.com. I'm also the guy who created and made the C-Bar. I found a bunch of that aluminium in my garage too. Anyhow, I was looking around in my garage and found a bunch of stuff that fit my 1999 1.8T car that died in a nasty accident back in 2007. That was a great car! Many of the cool mods on it went with the car to the wrecking yard. I did manage to pull the APR ECU and a few other bits from it before they took it away and sold it for salvage.

Rumaging thru the garage I found a few things and wanted to offer them up at good prices.

The ECU is a stage 1 Audi Performance & Racing unit and in perfect condition.
I'll sell that for $100 obo.

And the Lip Spoiler has never been installed as I bought it from another member here back a few years ago and never got it installed onto my car before the accident. It's painted the White from the early 2000 MY cars.
I'll sell that for $50. It's in great condition!

B5 Stock Grille in great condition, was on the car for less than a year, selling for $25

I also have a Haynes manual for these cars too. $10 takes it away.

I have a PayPal account that you can use a credit card if you so desire.

Let me know.

BTW, I tried to see if the spoiler would fit my new car.

Too short for the 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R :( Too bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I will take the apr ECU if it fits. Ill go home and get the numbers off of my ECU to see if it fits. Can u tell me what the number is on your ecu? I have a 98 1.8t hoping these really match because im really struggling but need this ECU. Is it for a 5 spd?

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
I will take the apr ECU if it fits. Ill go home and get the numbers off of my ECU to see if it fits. Can u tell me what the number is on your ecu? I have a 98 1.8t hoping these really match because im really struggling but need this ECU. Is it for a 5 spd?
99's have AEB's If your motor is an AEB it WILL fit, if it is tuned for automatic, a simple VAG-Com recode will make it work for manual.

hey whats up, do you still got that ecu? Do you know if it'll work in an audi a4 99 1.8t manual? If so i'll take it
If your a4 is an AEB it will work. even if its auto, just recode it with VAG-Com:thumbup:

...Im tempted on that lip spoiler... hmmmm... already color matched to my car:icon_eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99's have AEB's If your motor is an AEB it WILL fit, if it is tuned for automatic, a simple VAG-Com recode will make it work for manual.

If your a4 is an AEB it will work. even if its auto, just recode it with VAG-Com:thumbup:

...Im tempted on that lip spoiler... hmmmm... already color matched to my car:icon_eek:
That lip spoiler is in great shape and never installed, errrr, well if you don't count the tape down job on my Subi... :( I'm sad that it didn't fit, so now I'll have to go out and get another one.

Let me know about the lip spoiler.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
A couple months ago there was a lot of talk about the ole Chas-bars. What are the chances you'd be interested in making a couple? ;) Sorry about the Passat, you should post up a better picture of the Soob!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to put it at the top of the window on the Passat too. I already had a Kamie deck spoiler that looked great. I'll be getting a rear window/deck lip spoiler for the Subaru (only longer) that will go in that same spot. Who says it has to go where you all say it has to go?

As for the Chas-Bar, Well I do still have all that aluminium in my garage. I'll just have to see if I can find my templates for the given distances of the bar. I'll also have to remember how to make them again. I haven't made one in a very, very long time.

PM me if you're interested. I'll have to do a test run and build one agian just to see.

·
Magical Negro
3,069 Posts
Hey chas, I have heard of you but have have never seen you. I'm from Aurora originally as well (way south east side). Would you be interested in making a one off Chasbar for me? PM me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. Actually, I just joined in hopes that you still have that ECU, but I'm finding that this is a really cool website for Passat owners. If you still have that ECU, please let me know I'm very interested in purchasing it. You can pm me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts