Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 1998 Eurospec B5 Passat Sedan 5spd K04 Turbo ($5795)

For sale is my 1998 Passat sedan 1.8T 5sp manual. Car currently has 115k miles on it. I have owned the car since 2001 @ 60k miles and I'm the 2nd owner. Selling the car because I baught a new car a couple of months ago and passat is never being used now. Car was always garaged, paint is in excellent condition as the car was washed and waxed regularly. All maintenance on the car is done, alot of it recently. Timing belt was replaced at 70k, clutch at 75k, all motor mounts with audi s4 at 90k, all 8 control arms and 2 end links along with hd tie rod ends were replaced with audi rs4/s8 light weight alu control arms at 108k. Turbo was replaced at 114k, like 3 months ago with a new K04, but the car is running the stock chip so no real gains in power. You will need to buy a chip and install the 5 bar fpr (which I will provied) to benefit from the full potential of the turbo, but the car runs perfectly fine with the k04 on stock programing. Also coolant and coolant temp sensor were replaced during the turbo install. Other obvious things like fuel filter, brake pads, etc were replaced as well.

Car looks exactly like you see in pics below, only difference is it no longer comes with the oettinger muffler or OEM satnav, car comes with stock single din casette and trunk mounted cd changer. Car's interior is black, black dash, etc, but the cloth seats, side inserts, arm rest and shift booth are gray, gives it a nice two-tone ish look. Interior is in good condition for the age and milage, some usual pealing on the door pulls, seats are clean, so is headliner and other plastics. Exterior is likewise, but there is a dent on the passanger side of the front of the hood from when my friend closed the garage gate on it, along with some paint chips on the rear bumper from the bump-n-park method people use here in LA.

Heres your chance to own one of the former passat of the month's, haha
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216903

Reasons I say the car is eurospec, tho it was originally a US spec car, still is mostly, is that the car now has the european spec bumper moldings, european trunk lid (large cutout), european tails light, headlight washer (not hooked up) etc. along with the factory green interior lights that the 96, 97 and early 98 european B5 passats had (instead of blue/red), kinda rare.

I'm asking $5795 (new asking price) as an internet forum price, which I think is a good deal considering the amount ($) of recent maintenace that was done on it, plus the car already come with a k04 turbo :D so the expensive dirty mod is done for you already ;)

I would really like to see the car go to an enthusiest rather then selling it in the local paper.

please PM or email me with inquiries or call me at:
three one zero eight zero one one zero two one

Thanks, Ian

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Would you be interested in a trunk lid swap?
Let me know...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
car is sold as is, not parting anything off it anymore.

tghe interior pic is old, car doesnt come with navi anymore...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Its not stock, it has the smallest of enhancements that sets it apart from the rest, from the tail lights to the rub strips to the euro trunk, not everyday parts to come by. plus the k04 is sexy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts