Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do this, but i need the cash. Rims are in good shape straight with a little curbage nothing really noticeable or unfixable with a lil trip to the store. Rims are 27lbs before tire strong and straight pimpin. email [email protected]

Rims only 900+shipping obo

Pic

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a pic of the rim with the worst curbage

and another rim with curbage.

Again this curbage is nothing really noticeable from even a few feet away and nothing that can easily be machined out.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What suspension are you running?
H&R Sport Spring with Koni Adjustables

I'm only familiar with the 18X8 RX, not the 8.5
Your absolutely right I put the number for RXII's my bad. So yeah they're 18x8 sorry and only 23.5lbs before tire. with a 32mm offset

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man dude! You gotta either learn how to park or stop letting people drive your car that don't know how to park. The Passat does have the right mirror that goes down to view the curb. That has prevented me from getting any curbage. Just thought I'd let you know. I wouldn't pay more that 250 for those rims with all that damage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Once you curb RXs the rim usually needs to be refinished. From what I've seen, the curb damage must also crack the clearcoat and allow corrosion to mess up the rest of the rim. I personally don't think the rims are worth the asking price in that condition.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ratman said:
Man dude! You gotta either learn how to park or stop letting people drive your car that don't know how to park. The Passat does have the right mirror that goes down to view the curb. That has prevented me from getting any curbage. Just thought I'd let you know. I wouldn't pay more that 250 for those rims with all that damage.
Good for you! :crazy:

Bump for a good guy and a sweet set of wheels! You can have that wheel refinished for $90.00 to brand new condition.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thx for the bump Elias. Appreciate everyone comments, but again thats why the price is 900 OBO. And there is only curbage on two of the rims, and I got them like that and again the only reason you can see the curbage is that the wheels are dirty and their close up in all the other pics i have of ther car, you can't even tell the wheels are curbed.

just to keep things in perspective each of these wheels is 375 each at tirerack. so thats 1500 in wheels minus 500 hundred in depreciation for curbage and use even, im still only asking 900 plus shipping OBO. Shipping for these wheels is less then 100 hundred bux because they will be shipped rims only which only weight 23.5lbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
Der Wagon
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing