Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side window is experiencing some technical difficulties. Yesterday while trying to put my window up, I noticed that only the back part rose, and the front kinda just stayed down and didn't move. I took the door and everything apart and realized that a white plastic clip had broken that holds the window to the raising mechinizm. BUT after taking it to a VW garage they informed me that the only way to fix it was to buy a $300+ kit! ITS ONLY A LITTLE PLASTIC PIECE that needs to be replaced.. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and has any cheaper solutions? THANKS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What year is your b5.?

Did that $ include install?

FYI
the plastic clip does not come seperate from the regulator.....and the part should only cost around $100

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep you're being taken for a ride......call another VW dealer for a quote...

I work for a dealer and that's how I know you're getting ripped.

According to sponsorship rules on the sight I can't sell you one but keep looking. for an Idea....$125 is a normal price for your regulator......89.99 would be a great deal.(it can be found, trust me.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.