Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
julianfang said:
SilverVision PY21W - not sure what an equivalent bulb would be.
Yes true, I have those for the back, however, the front is different. I believe the front is a wedge bulb - that's what I meant by equivalent, sorry. I'll try again, what would be the Philips Silvervision equivalent to the front turn signal wedge bulb? Still sounds weird.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
the silversions were actually part numbers for the front? :???: :oops:

wouldn't a wedge bulb would be what's used for the city lights and not the front turn signals?

As far as I could tell when I popped my silvervisions in front, they were exactly the same bulb for the rear.

beats me...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
julianfang said:
the silversions were actually part numbers for the front? :???: :oops:

wouldn't a wedge bulb would be what's used for the city lights and not the front turn signals?

As far as I could tell when I popped my silvervisions in front, they were exactly the same bulb for the rear.

beats me...
I'll try to take a look this weekend. I know I have those for the back but I'll double check.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Julian, I didn't have time to look at the bulbs but I looked at ETKA and it gives different part numbers for the front vs. the back turn signal - you sure it's the same bulb? How the heck do I pull the front turn signal bulb out?

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked at my front passenger side. It is dual filament, but only one is used.

RL331, in the front wheel well behind where the bulb should be, there's an oval shaped cover. Pull it off, stick your hand in and you'll immediately feel something kinda flat, horizontal. Turn it counter-clockwise. Once you feel it loosen, pull.

I should've taken pics but the weather isn't cooperating.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Rich P said:
I just looked at my front passenger side. It is dual filament, but only one is used.

RL331, in the front wheel well behind where the bulb should be, there's an oval shaped cover. Pull it off, stick your hand in and you'll immediately feel something kinda flat, horizontal. Turn it counter-clockwise. Once you feel it loosen, pull.

Thanks Rich, Bel showed me how to do this weekend and it's a damn wedge bulb - not a twist in... :mad:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
RL331 said:
Rich P said:

Thanks Rich, Bel showed me how to do this weekend and it's a damn wedge bulb - not a twist in... :mad:
yeah I have the same issue as well I can't run the Silvervisions up front do to the different bulb housing. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts