Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please send me a picture of how the connection links are installed? Does the swaybar go on the inside of the ‘fat’ end of the control link? (Oh, sorry... big boned)

see pic - is that setup ok? Notice the, ahem, rotund part at the bottom, separating the sway bar from the control link... and does it matter which way the bolts go?? I have both bolts on the outside wheel side of the connection...

Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Could someone please send me a picture of how the connection links are installed? Does the swaybar go on the inside of the ‘fat’ end of the control link? (Oh, sorry... big boned)

see pic - is that setup ok? Notice the, ahem, rotund part at the bottom, separating the sway bar from the control link... and does it matter which way the bolts go?? I have both bolts on the outside wheel side of the connection...

View attachment 100321

Is this correct?
I believe yes. That extension is to compensate the gap with the upper part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. All tightened up now and it looks better.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You tightened everything up with car on its own weight?

That’s not good? Do I need to put both wheels up on blocks to do it right?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I hand tight those bolts, drive up on ramps and tighten them getting under the car.

I do the same with the control arms.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t have ramps. The wheels were on the ground and my laziness paid off as I squz (past tense of squeeze in the east coast of Canada) under and tightened them.

Reactions: axenstar

·
Registered
27,231 Posts
You should be good with the wheels on the ground. I don't think I could even get to them like that, but my car is a bit lower than stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts