Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Front spoilers: Zender vs Votex (oem) is there a difference?

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  veedubyo 
#1 ·
Is there a difference between the Zender front spolier for the B5 and the Votex (oem) front spoiler for the B5 in looks?

Are they both made form poly? or is the Zender fiberglass?

Any pics of each?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Oettinger and getting one of these...possibly.

Thanks in advance!

Jason :D

#2 ·
Yes they are slightly different in design. I believe that the votex bumper is a straight line across the front, the zender has a lift in the middle. I think the zender is fibreglass but i could be mistaken.

This is the Votex:

This is the Zender:

#7 ·
Both of them are from PUR.
In Europe if you order Votex spoiler you get actualy that Zender. For some reason they do not know about Votex that is sold in US. Part# that I took from Liberty GB was fully unknown to people from Votex, over here. They were proposing Zender like Votex. And in Dealerships is same, when they type Votex front spoiler it comes out pic of Zender :crazy:

So I bought mine trough out Tim and Liberty- THE REAL, ONE&ONLY VOTEX :D :bow:

#8 ·
Thanks for the info guys! :thumbup:

I like the cleaner look of the Votex myself as well...

Turbonium, that is definitely a schweet looking front end! **side note, LOVE the small passenger side mirror** :D

Anyone with Votex want to swap bumpers for an Oettinger? :crazy:

#13 ·
I have the Zender and I swear it's fibreglass.. but I could be mistaken... I prefer the zender over the vortex.. i think it's a little more agressive.

Nenad said:
Both of them are from PUR.
In Europe if you order Votex spoiler you get actualy that Zender. For some reason they do not know about Votex that is sold in US. Part# that I took from Liberty GB was fully unknown to people from Votex, over here. They were proposing Zender like Votex. And in Dealerships is same, when they type Votex front spoiler it comes out pic of Zender :crazy:

So I bought mine trough out Tim and Liberty- THE REAL, ONE&ONLY VOTEX :D :bow:

#19 ·
B5 Turbonium I also have a few shot of that tornado red passat.

I alway said that they should have put that color on the passat then one day when I was surfing on www.passat3b.de I found a few of them they all were either 97's or 98's and their were not too many of them I gues VW wanted to give the passat a certain Image so they removed that color from the palet. I think that alone makes this car more appealing I know that it is a 4motion but I can't remeber if it is a 2.5 tdi or a 2.8v6 but the 18 Toora wheel suit the car nicely and the votex just add the right amount of charater to the front end.

#20 ·
Some one please post some more pics of this B5!!

When you look at this doesn't it sort remind you of Nemo, from Finding Nemo, with his one little flipper/fin?! :lol:

[/quote]

#23 ·
Rock go to www.passat3b.de then go to the 3b limousine bild galarie section and look for the post by helmi and the profile of this car will come up, most of it is in german but the tire sizes are still the same.

If you want to get as set of the wheel www.erebunicorp.com sell the Toora brand of wheel I think that name of the style is the "cannorally"

HTH Phantom

#25 ·
What does the "R" badge stand for? uhmmmm RICE?
At least Helmi used the"R" from and R32 (VW motorsport is now volkswagen racing) So the "R" is the new logo. I guess it seems kind of ricey when you compare it to Honda and Acura "Type R" but you need to keep and open mind and think that BMW has the M technic , Audi has the S and RS and VW is R with the flag. I know you hear me but do you understand me? :poke:

#26 ·
That's what I was getting at. If you own an Audi A4 would you remove the A4 badge and replace with S4? Who are you trying to fool? Sure, you can put S4 rims on and chromed mirror covers but open the hood and you get...

the same goes for the other manufacturers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.