Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the Zender front spolier for the B5 and the Votex (oem) front spoiler for the B5 in looks?

Are they both made form poly? or is the Zender fiberglass?

Any pics of each?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my Oettinger and getting one of these...possibly.

Thanks in advance!

Jason :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yes they are slightly different in design. I believe that the votex bumper is a straight line across the front, the zender has a lift in the middle. I think the zender is fibreglass but i could be mistaken.

This is the Votex:

This is the Zender:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Both of them are from PUR.
In Europe if you order Votex spoiler you get actualy that Zender. For some reason they do not know about Votex that is sold in US. Part# that I took from Liberty GB was fully unknown to people from Votex, over here. They were proposing Zender like Votex. And in Dealerships is same, when they type Votex front spoiler it comes out pic of Zender :crazy:

So I bought mine trough out Tim and Liberty- THE REAL, ONE&ONLY VOTEX :D :bow:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys! :thumbup:

I like the cleaner look of the Votex myself as well...

Turbonium, that is definitely a schweet looking front end! **side note, LOVE the small passenger side mirror** :D

Anyone with Votex want to swap bumpers for an Oettinger? :crazy:

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the Zender and I swear it's fibreglass.. but I could be mistaken... I prefer the zender over the vortex.. i think it's a little more agressive.

Nenad said:
Both of them are from PUR.
In Europe if you order Votex spoiler you get actualy that Zender. For some reason they do not know about Votex that is sold in US. Part# that I took from Liberty GB was fully unknown to people from Votex, over here. They were proposing Zender like Votex. And in Dealerships is same, when they type Votex front spoiler it comes out pic of Zender :crazy:

So I bought mine trough out Tim and Liberty- THE REAL, ONE&ONLY VOTEX :D :bow:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
redb5sdca said:
b5-turbonium said:
I personally like the votex better too, not feeling the winglets in the corner of the zender

one of my favorite passats:

that color is awesome . :bow: :bow: :bow:
yah, thats really nice :bow: I really like the mini passenger mirror too....its so euro.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
B5 Turbonium I also have a few shot of that tornado red passat.

I alway said that they should have put that color on the passat then one day when I was surfing on www.passat3b.de I found a few of them they all were either 97's or 98's and their were not too many of them I gues VW wanted to give the passat a certain Image so they removed that color from the palet. I think that alone makes this car more appealing I know that it is a 4motion but I can't remeber if it is a 2.5 tdi or a 2.8v6 but the 18 Toora wheel suit the car nicely and the votex just add the right amount of charater to the front end.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some one please post some more pics of this B5!!

When you look at this doesn't it sort remind you of Nemo, from Finding Nemo, with his one little flipper/fin?! :lol:

[/quote]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.