Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, my front, right parking light has had the warning telling me it is not working. It had gone on and off, the light working intermittently. As of yesterday it had been off for about 2 weeks. I opened up the hood and took the bulb out and put it back in and it seemed to be working fine. A few hours later when I went to the store it gave me the warning again and was not working. But this morning it was perfectly fine again. Should I try replacing the bulb or is it a wiring issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been having the exact same problem but with the left front parking light warning. When the warning light is on, the parking light is off, but then the light on the dash goes off and the outside light is on. The dealer changed the bulb saying that someone had change the bulb and did not replace with genuine bulb. Drove it a few weeks, warning light came on, then went off and on again and again. Take it back to dealer, this time the change the bulb socket. Drove it a few weeks,warning light came on, then went off and on again and again. Very random. I have noticed that if I turn the light switch on and off several times the warning goes off and light comes on. I have also noticed if I push or tap the switch it will cause the warning to go off and parking light comes one. I think my next step is to replace the light switch in the car. Any body else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact same issue. I had to change the entire headlight assembly unit on both sides because the wiring on the inside of the main lamp had literally deteriorated away. So I got 2 NEW headlight assemblies. Funny thing is, that parking lamp STILL is going on and off. I can tell you it is not the bulb nor the bulb socket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts