Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally made one of these for my friend because he lived in a bad neighborhood and was afraid someone might steal his registration tags. I put one on the front of my car because it's easier to scrub bugs off of plexiglass than it is to scrub them off of the front plate. It's pretty simple, just thin plexiglass cut to the size of the plate. You can either put it on with double sided tape or drill holes and put it on with the plate. You shouldn't need longer screws, the stuff is pretty thin. Out of the plexi I have I can get 18. I will check with my connection to see if I can get it cut for free. If I can get it cut for free the price will be free if not it might be a dollar at most.

Price $1 plus shipping maybe even free :)

The green stuff protects the plexi, once removed it's crystal clear.

If you want me to do one for a euro plate I can do that too. Same price :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'll take 2.

Can't beat the price and they don't look bad on your car.

Pete

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hook me up with one

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picts of one on my car and my Dad's Highlander. The cover is scratched but you can't even tell it's scratched or even that it is on the car :)

This is the one on the front of my car. The double sided tape looks ugly so I suggest you screw it in and not do what I did.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FREE COVERS AND FREE SHIPPING!

I just had 7 cut to cover you guys, I had it done for free. I'm not going to make you guys pay for shipping, I will cover it. I'm not going to make you guys pay to ship something that will only cost me a dollar to ship. Just drop me a PM and let me know how many, if you want the holes drilled (if so the top 2 holes or all 4) and your address. Let me know by Friday because I have to jet to Washington. The same goes for anyone else that wants one, I will give them to you for free. Limited time offer though :) Also, I have lots of extra pieces that will be perfect for a Euro plate.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You have PM! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, I am out of plexi. Everyone that already sent me a PM will get one or 2. I only have plexi left to do 2 more euro plate covers.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I got the cover for my euro plate today via Fed-Ex. I didnt have a chance to put it on, but I will post some pics when I get a chance. Thanks again NUISANCE.
~mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.