Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick rant. All you people who live in states where front license plates are not required, I hate you. :p

I wish I could get the clean look of some your guys' cars w/out front plates.

K, I'm done now.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Thirty-something states do not require a front plate. However, AZ might be the only state that is actively petitioning to go from rears-only to a front-and-back system again. (Arizona went to rears-only in '88.)

I've never lived somewhere that allowed only rear plates. Eh. At least in my state it's still legal to have plate frames. (Ha ha, NJ!)

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
LeoMan319 said:
i didnt even know that front plates were required in some states.. so you have to pay double? i live in fla.
What's it cost you to renew every year? IL is $78 for non-vanity plates.

·
Registered
633 Posts
LeoMan319 said:
i didnt even know that front plates were required in some states.. so you have to pay double? i live in fla.
No you dont have to pay double, I got my law emforcement memorial plates and tabs last year for like $75 and if I just had got tabs instead of new plates it would have been $35.

·
Registered
964 Posts
yeah im a hater, strickly for the fact that within one week of having the new front bumper on i get yanked... but i cleverly bent my plate so if i ever want to take it off you wont see two huge holes in my bumper......i am def. a hater !!!!!

-deez

·
Registered
58 Posts
Az wants to go front plates?! i got my car from ohio where they were required and i went to take the plate holder off the front....THE [email protected] DEALER DRILLED THROUGH THE BUMPER!! its horrible, now i have to get the bumper filled and painted...or maybe its an excuse for aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ryan43560 said:
Az wants to go front plates?! i got my car from ohio where they were required and i went to take the plate holder off the front....THE [email protected] DEALER DRILLED THROUGH THE BUMPER!! its horrible, now i have to get the bumper filled and painted...or maybe its an excuse for aftermarket bumper.

NO NO NO !!!! no need to have the whole bumper painted buddy !! check this site out

http://www.bumperplugs.com/

-deez

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
You're supposed to have a front license plate in Cali. :D

I've only been pulled over once but as far as I'm concerned there is NO WAY I'm going to ruin that clean look. :p

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
deezdubbin said:
yeah im a hater, strickly for the fact that within one week of having the new front bumper on i get yanked... but i cleverly bent my plate so if i ever want to take it off you wont see two huge holes in my bumper......i am def. a hater !!!!!

-deez
How about a closer picture on how you did that mount?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had fronts on mine but took them off even though UT requires them. I stick my plate up in the front window whenever I park on the city streets though because I've been had by the parking nancy before.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
I hate the front plate law too. i'm not too concerned with paying the small fine, but i don't want some cop to use it as a reason to pull me over for other possible violations.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Urlik said:
How about a closer picture on how you did that mount?
Go to a junk yard and get a front plate bracket for any MKIII jetta golf GTI cabrio etc. Turn it upside down, and attach the mounting plate to the bottom of the painted part of the bumper (above the lower vents) orks like a charm. I have done this for friends that have MKIV, MKII etc..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts