Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what available front mounts there are that I can use on my B5.5 Wagon any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
did you try using the search feature?
i cant help you V6's dont need one.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
call up and ask. i think they said it should work w/o bumper modification but i'm a bit skeptical. i think they just say that to sell the i/c but didn't actually install one on passat themselves.

but aside from the ones already listed, apr also sells one.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
would that work for a b5.5 with no modifications?

damn thanks for the heads up dan
According to them:

# Designed to fit the OEM front bumper without any cutting.
# Does not require the removal of the secondary air pump and does not require cutting of the cross over pipe.
but that fmic is pretty close to the size of mine, and mine required bumper rail cutting, and the piping got in the way of the smog pump.

pic of my car:

pic of the racetec

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks for the info guys just trying to get a feel for the parts out their i should have tried searching just didnt think of it. The evom kit looks interesting might look into that one some more.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The B5.5 will require moving the air pump and the horns. There is enough room to mount the intercooler w/o cutting the "bumper", but you will have to cut the core support.

It sounds like there is a race to see who can ge the B5.5 kit to market first. 3 companies are working on them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
abdracing.com also has one. it is about $1K and to ship it to me in hawaii was $150 hahaha oh man shipping always sucks here in the middle of the pacific

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
The B5.5 will require moving the air pump and the horns. There is enough room to mount the intercooler w/o cutting the "bumper", but you will have to cut the core support.

It sounds like there is a race to see who can ge the B5.5 kit to market first. 3 companies are working on them.
What 3?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts