Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Passats (1999 models) have front fog lights option ? just iv not seen a passat with them in the front bumper, and i dont have a switch to turn them on.

or am i just turning blond ?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Blonde...in the US, if you turn your lights on and pull the switch out, the fogs will come on with the low beams. With the euro switch, this happens with the switch in either the parking lights on or headlights on. The fogs turn off when you switch to high beams.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Do Passats (1999 models) have front fog lights option ? just iv not seen a passat with them in the front bumper, and i dont have a switch to turn them on.

or am i just turning blond ?
http://www.pgperformance.com/old/vwfogs.htm the ones with the lights in the lower grills are 2001.5 and up or aftermarket,98-01 has them in the headlamp housing on the us models,dont know about uk

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Votex made lower fog lights for the B5 Passats but they are available no more. Occasionally they are listed in the classifieds. Better to just get the ones from pgperformance. Also buy yourself a Dremel. It makes the installation much easier. The lights themselves are plug'n'play but you have to modify the lower grills somewhat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey, are the vestatecs fog lights any good for the b5 like on pgperformance.com I have heard that the grilles are crap. anyone have these on their cars and can give feedback.

·
Registered
589 Posts
to be honest the grills were not the greatest, you need alot of massaging to make them look decent. But still not bad. The lights themselves worked very well.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
to be honest the grills were not the greatest, you need alot of massaging to make them look decent. But still not bad. The lights themselves worked very well.
What kind of "massaging" do the grilles need?

Also...DAMMIT! My euroswitch does NOT let me turn the fogs on when the lowbeams are off! WTF am I doing wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts