Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to get the RS4 front bumper installed on my b5 but this damn body shop wants $1400 :crazy: to install and paint it, C&D autobody in South hackensack, NJ , I mean ive seen their work and it is incredible. but this price is ridiculous, WHERE CAN I GO AND NOT GET RIPPED OFF??? Please Help

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd get someone to paint it and install it yourself...I don't think it would be that hard. You might want to fit it to the car ahead of time to make sure no trimming or anything needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
$1,400 is INSANELY expensive to have the front bumper installed!!!
I had the RS4 front and rear painted and installed, as well as a Kamei grill painted and installed, and my lowers sanded smooth and painted and the trim along my doors and front bumper painted for $1,500... and that was twice what he originally quoted me. It was twice the original estimate simply because the fiberglass pieces were in such bad condition, and the fitment was so poor that it took twice as long to get them to fit on the car.
I would look elsewhere, but if you have any paint or body work skills you may try to do it yourself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah body wise i suck, but mechanics im pretty good. I went to another body shop, Crocco's in hackensack, nj , They quoted me between 850-1000$. I also called another and the other guy said about $400

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Depending on how far you want to go. I had Nixon's Auto body in Beverly, NJ paint my new bumper for me. Charged me $300 to prep and paint, and I installed it myself. Really great guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts