Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
My bad.. :oops: the JE Design apron is FG. :cry: That just ruined my day!! I was planning on getting one imported but I might as well get the RS6 apron from estrickly. They just dropped the price to $399. But I think this apron requires different fog lights to be installed....

http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/product.asp?category=1&ID=1051

So I guess my only choice for a urethane apron is Votex.... :( I wanted to get something a little different then everyone else.... O'well...

Does anyone know how well FG pieces hold up overtime?

·
Registered
628 Posts
julianfang said:
aldolicious can tell you all about how well or how not well his held up in the northeast

I thought the estrictlyforeign stuff was also FG?
Yeah the estrickly unit is also fiberglass but its in stock and I wouldn't have to wait. The cost is roughly the same. I just called them and they want $155 for S&H... :shock: So...$399 + $155 + 100 = A lot of money for a front apron!! Its still cheaper then the Votex.

The million $$ question is how well will it hold up in the NE. I live near downtown Boston and sometimes I park on the street when I'm in town. Occassionally people who don't know how to parrallel park :)evil: )will bump into my car. So I also need to find out how strong a FG apron would be. I know it can be easily fixed, but thats going to get expensive.

I'm going to send aldolicious a PM and see what he thinks as well.. I sent frasse1974 PM because I originally saw the JE apron on his ride.

·
Registered
628 Posts
julianfang said:
aldolicious can tell you all about how well or how not well his held up in the northeast

I thought the estrictlyforeign stuff was also FG?
Thanks for recommending aldolicious77. He just replied to my PM. JE Design and Estrickly are out!! Looks like I'll be purchasing the Votex apron after all.

You guys just saved me a lot of money, time, and aggravation!! :bow:

Thanks Again!! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
NYA VW
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing