Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Last night some assclown threw a bag of grout mix on my windshield. I came out of my friends' house at about 2am and it looked like Mount St. Helens erupted. After some deliberation, I drove the car home via the highway spewing ashy powder behind me. Thankfully, the roads were all but empty.

My spirited run up to 90mph got about 98% of the grout off. Obviously I couldn't spray the car down without the stuff turning to cement, so this morning I got out my new wet/dry vac with detachable blower and shot 265mph of wind at my car. It got so dusty, people on my street were slowing down to look for the fire. The blower got most of the crap off, but as you can see from the pics, the area between the firewall and the cabin were completely covered in dust. I covered the engine bay with a wet towel and went to work vacuuming and blowing the dust from that area. I got most of it, but there's still a little bit that the vac couldn't hit.

Whatever I couldn't blow off the body I tried to pick up with my California Car Duster. The worst part was around the sunroof, the center of the roof, and the strip above the liftgate. The stuff felt like it was pitted into the paint. That stuff I gingerly picked up with a clay bar and Mother's Showtime; it came right up.

Finally, after I was certain that I had most of the grout off, I sprayed her down. I'm going to have to do a full detail this afternoon to get everything, but it looks OK after a good hour of nonsense.

WTF, people? Grout? Low. :mad: :thumbdow:

·
Registered
41 Posts
grout

Anyone who has worked with tiles knows tha grout is very alkaline. It eats the skin off of your fingers. You need to make sure that stuff is off your paint ASAP. Just be sure to flood the affected areas with plenty of water to carry the stuff away.

Man, some people are such a-holes.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Clearly they chose grout mix thinking most people would have tried to hose it off - this is particularly nasty and proper punishment should be a big boot in the ass. Good for you for realizing that water was only going to make it worse.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
some jealous river should be beaten up for this act of stupidity :thumbdow:

·
Registered
310 Posts
As a martial arts instructor, I never condone violence. But, stuff like this...really tests that resolve.

I'm seriously...seriouly sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.