Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had them for two hours. Can't get rid of them. I'm about to roll over. every 8 hiccups or so I have this huge burp. It's horrible. Thank God I don't have to be seen in public tonight.

I think it's because we had a bottle of wine with dinner and I had no water with it.

What's your record?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
This always seem to work for me. Warm up a nice glass of water. Slowly drink that.... afterwards... take in a deeeeep breath... hold it for as long as you can... and exhale. Repeat the breathing process a few times until the hiccups go away. Try that! It really works! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
this works...get a glass of water and start drinking it slowly, like cutting the supply. this will help you get ird of your hiccups..and youd get a big burp after

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Go drive out to an industrial area. Accelerate full throttle towards a wall. At the last available moment, slam on your brakes so that you are only inches away from the wall when your car stops. You'll be so :nervous: scared, your hiccups will go away. Works everytime.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Hiccups what are those?

You can call me crazy, but I can control them. Since hiccups are a spasm, I concentrate on them and force them to stop. My family and friends think I am crazy when I tell them to relax and concentrate on the hiccups and breathing.

It works a 100% of the time for me. I normally don't get more than 5 hiccups before I stop them by focusing. Mind over body. Martial arts did teach me something.

Kathy try it once and see. Most people lose concentration before they can stop them. But, it works!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's something to that, OCTICK. Whenever someone gets hiccups, I tell them to tell me when they're going to have their next one. They concentrate so much on trying to anticipate the spasm that after a few slip out, they're done.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hoypinoy1234 said:
Go drive out to an industrial area. Accelerate full throttle towards a wall. At the last available moment, slam on your brakes so that you are only inches away from the wall when your car stops. You'll be so :nervous: scared, your hiccups will go away. Works everytime.
and if it doesn't, hiccups are the least of your problems. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts