Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
How broken down are the seat bottom foams? My driver's seat foam is very bad. There is a huge difference if I take a seat in the passenger side; my back can tell the difference! Passenger seat is much more firm, padded, and comfortable. Driver seat is broken down... Perhaps I can put my seat heater element onto a new foam.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How broken down are the seat bottom foams? My driver's seat foam is very bad. There is a huge difference if I take a seat in the passenger side; my back can tell the difference! Passenger seat is much more firm, padded, and comfortable. Driver seat is broken down... Perhaps I can put my seat heater element onto a new foam.
John, they are in pretty good shape especially the passenger side bottom that you could use on your driver seat too... The uppers are not interchangeable but bottoms are... Let me know if you want them... I think the heater element is glued to the foam not sewn into the cover but I am not 100% sure... I am sure you can swap that from your seat...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I'm probably going to take that passenger seat bottom cushion off your hands. I was going to take one from the U-pick I went to today, but that is not an easy thing to get to in the middle of a junk yard.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK let me know I might need your help with upper control arms on my daughter's car so maybe I could even drop them off by your place...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts