Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to be free of oil leaks for a few years, i have a 2000 glx (56000 miles on it), and recently my dealer changed my valve cover gasket, cam seals and cam adjuster seal.
Is there anyother seal i should be aware of that i have to change?
thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't know of any "preventive maintenance" seal replacements you should do. (Maybe someone else does.) If something comes up, then handle it then.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am more interested on knowing if there are more seals or gaskets that i should be aware of.
I am hoping to be free of leaks for some time. Hopefully, those 3 seals are all there is to be changed...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
the only cons i can think of is if your just a civilian driver meaning your not raceing anyone

if this is the car you take your kids to school in and go to work i would say its not really worth it

but if your into the whole street race or closed course thing then i could see spending it

i have eyed it for longggg periouds of time but its just kinda of daydream for me since i have neither the $$$ or the need

·
Registered
26,835 Posts
Those 3 should be it. They may not last long.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
How come this crap of an engine have this many leaks.
I mean my car only has around 56k miles on it.
And can somebody tell me if it is normal they let me use my car a couple of hours after :???: they replaced these seals and gaskets?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts