Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 30 day unlimited carfax history report and it is good till April 2. If anyone wants me to run a VIN for them I'd be happy to do it, it costs $25 so I want to get my money's worth, haha.

It is nice to know what your vehicle's history report looks like, and also if you're thinking of buying a used vehicle.

I do not want to give out my username and password because I don't want to piss off carfax.

If you want me to run a report for you, just e-mail me at: [email protected] with the subject line: carfax777

Just include a VIN number and I'll run the report and email you back results as soon as I can. You must be able to receive HTML email messages and please make sure to only put "carfax777" (not in quotes) in the subject line or your message will be auto-deleted.

Good Luck Shopping!

DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS!!!

P.S. I'm looking for a Passat, my listing is in classifieds section, if you know of anything please let me know as a favor for wasting time running everyon's VIN. Thanks :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble.. but, I did the same thing w/ the VW I recently purchased, thinking all was well, because of the carfax rpt... but come to find out, the car had been several wrecks.. per the several collison company stickers inside the door (i called to verify damages) ... anyway.. .as much as i want to say carfax is wonderful... I can only relay to you my personal experience w/ them, and it sucked. OH...FYI: I previoulsy owned a honda civic that was TOTALED over a yr & 1/2 ago... It is still listed on car fax as fine.....and I have notified them that the information they have is incorrect.... :???:

Good luck

·
Registered
450 Posts
Carfax is only effective if the damages were reported to the DMV or your insurance company. Otherwise, how would they know? If I wrecked my car and fixed myself, there would not a record of it. It is still better than blind faith.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
u got mail

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
last minute e-mail sent! :lol:

thanks!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts