Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Round three with the front end noise - and I think I've got it licked. Was getting the car prepped for vacation, changed the oil, was checking all the fluid levels when I brushed my hand across the bolts inside the engine bay that hold the front suspension in place.

Well, what do you know - I found a loose bolt. Tightened it up, and the front end noise is gone. Funny thing, I've taken the car back twice to the shop that installed the new shocks - and they swear they checked every bolt.

I plan on swinging by th eshop later today to again have them check all the bolts - and let them know that I did find a problem.

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas - greatly appreciated

Now bring on that vacation

Bill

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
I had that problem! After my springs were installed, I had some clicking in the front end. I was noodling around in the engine bay one day and discovered a loose bolt in the suspension bracket. Reinstalled it with some threadlocker and it's been solid ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.