Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Man, that's a crazy story! Is he really thinking of selling it back to you? That's a lot of work put into it, he probably want a fortune for it.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i miss my 89 golf. i had dreams of making it a 16V, but dashed them when i got the urge for a truck. :puke: what a waste of a VW.

Looks like he's doin it up nice, ronny :)

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
VWGUY4EVER said:
We exchanged a few i'm's and he's coming to Jersey later this month. Thinking of buying her back... :)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1660586
This is an awsome story, i love it. I hope you get to buy her back honestly. I know it is not the same color and it has gone thru some serious mods now, but it is still the same car ;) . I know if i would find my 92 GTI 2.0 16V, i would buy it back in a heartbeat, but that's why i bought another 92, since the chance of finding the old one is none.

Good luck and keep us posted man :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
furnace said:
Did he replace the engine, or did he just add the turbo?
When I sold it to him with 220K, I had just installed a used GTi head. I didn't replace the valve guides so it started to burn oil. He replaced the head only. From his messages to me, he's at about 260K and it's the original block. He replaced the head and added the turbo just after he took it from me so he's been turbo'd for about 30K and it doesn't burn a drop of oil...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts