Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some pictures I snapped this weekend. There were mostly air cooled, but also water cooled. Lots of nice cars, nothing too wild in the water cooled category. Free admission, and proceeds benefited a children's charity

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
The black buggy is very very nice!

The Ghia's are awsome espeically the green one, I gotta show this thread to my friend who has some Thangs, a ghia and some beetles.

Great pictures:thumbup:

and too many other comments that I dont recall right now

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Pictures of the white MkV don't do it justice. It's so low! For some reason, it's weird seeing the local guys on PW, lol.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The "HVW" was called the "Hum-Buggy". I didnt have a chance to ask the owner about it. But I did a double take when I saw it.

The 74 Dasher has 28,000 original miles and is in mint condition. It was used as a show car by VW and then spent time in a museum until the current owner bought it.

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
That looks fun =)

that golf with color matched rims is weird lol, its a sweet color but idk what he was thinkin:crazy:

all those bus's looked sooo nice lol i want one

·
Registered
329 Posts
The show was great as usual....good music, atmosphere...and cheap food! The Passat ended up getting first in class and the Rabbit won second. Rather than giving out trophies the prizes were mugs or pitchers with the show name and the place etched on the mug/pitcher. These guys always come up with unique trophies and I like them for that. Weather was great too! Hopefully the Rabbit will be in better shape next year. The blue R32 with the color matched 19's won best of show water-cooled...and welll deserved as Jonathan really takes good care of the car and has good taste in mods. The white Mk5 GTI with the white/black wheels does come off a little odd at first but it's visual impact makes it unique and to me, pretty cool.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The show was great as usual....good music, atmosphere...and cheap food! The Passat ended up getting first in class and the Rabbit won second. Rather than giving out trophies the prizes were mugs or pitchers with the show name and the place etched on the mug/pitcher. These guys always come up with unique trophies and I like them for that. Weather was great too! Hopefully the Rabbit will be in better shape next year. The blue R32 with the color matched 19's won best of show water-cooled...and welll deserved as Jonathan really takes good care of the car and has good taste in mods. The white Mk5 GTI with the white/black wheels does come off a little odd at first but it's visual impact makes it unique and to me, pretty cool.
What's up CUB?

Took best VW and best sport compact on pirelli tires at the DUB show San Diego. Even gave me $200 bones, or clams, or ducket, or whatever it is you call them these days. Still have a mani for me all polished up?

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
The 2 Tone Orange and White bug in the second pic....that looks like the shit. Got any closer pics of that one?

That Corrado is nasty looking too

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's up CUB?

Took best VW and best sport compact on pirelli tires at the DUB show San Diego. Even gave me $200 bones, or clams, or ducket, or whatever it is you call them these days. Still have a mani for me all polished up?
Hey Mike - where are you these days? Are you still in the DFW area? Haven't seen you around or on the boards

The 2 Tone Orange and White bug in the second pic....that looks like the shit. Got any closer pics of that one?

That Corrado is nasty looking too
Nope, I posted all I got. The Corrado - eh, I think it looks ok....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts