Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets try this again....

Hey guys, whats going on? I frequently hang out on TST (tristatetuners.com) and am a moderator on WRXLinks.com.

I drive a 2000 VW Passat GLX that I have no plans on modifying other than tint and maybe a headlight unit upgrade to projectors and a HID kit. Until I bought the Passat last July, I was driving around a 2004 WRX with a mod list too long to type right now. Sadly, I lost my job and was forced to sell her. On the bright side, I have a nice car with no monthly payment, so I guess that is a good thing.

Other than that, I guess I'll see you guys on the boards!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Nice!! Welcome to PW! No need to warn you about the mod bug as it seems you're intimately familiar with it. :thumbup: I have a feeling the Passat will suprise you. It's so STi, bit it's not as much of a boat as many think. =D

Get some nice pics up of your car (the new one AND the Scooby).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yeah, the mods already found me...

And I wouldn't call it a boat, more like an elephant. lol

I can't take any pics of the car as it is right now because I am waiting to get it fixed from a deer accident, but I can post some pics from when I first got it last July.

Sure, I'll be happy to put up some pics of my WRX.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!!

I must say that I am very impressed with the knowledge I have found on this site so far. Also, you guys are much more organized than VWVortex... that place is a zoo.

I'm looking forward to learning as much about my car as I can and maybe one day, start modding it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome!

there are odd conveniences and awesome things that you will find out after owning the car for a year or two lol

This site is a lot more organized than the Vortex :driving:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean.. Just the other day I discovered that little sunblocker above the rear view mirror... haha

Maybe somebody can answer this for me.. how long do I have to wait until I am able to set up my signature and upload an avatar?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I can not have a signature? I could have sworn I saw sigs on the posts of other members on here before...

*edit- never mind... I just did a search on signatures in the comments and suggestions forum.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know what you mean.. Just the other day I discovered that little sunblocker above the rear view mirror... haha
I love that little thing. Just recently I found out that if you turn the key in the door lock and hold it to the unlock side for a few seconds, the windows will roll down :). I love it!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had to hold it for like 5 seconds. After like 3 seconds when it didn't do anything I was getting disappointed and then they started to go down :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts