Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just recieved my Forge DV in the mail today.. It came with 3 springs Green, Yellow and Blue and 2 spacers. The green spring is preinstalled in the unit. Is the green spring the right one for my 02 1.8t with APR 93 program? I believe the green is the weakest spring then yellow and blue is the strongest.. :confused:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mine came with the green in it, i put the yellow and could not be happier. But unfortunately i am not chipped yet, but i will not have to switch it when i chip due to the yellow being good for 5-15 psi.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine came with the green in it, i put the yellow and could not be happier. But unfortunately i am not chipped yet, but i will not have to switch it when i chip due to the yellow being good for 5-15 psi.
Forge says yellow is good for 15-23
Valve Spring color coding

Green - 5-15 PSI

Yellow - 15-23 PSI

Blue - 23-30 PSI

Red - 30 + PSI

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
yea yellow is for 15-23 psi, i am not sure if its good for your car running such a strong spring with 7-8psi of stock boost.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea yellow is for 15-23 psi, i am not sure if its good for your car running such a strong spring with 7-8psi of stock boost.
Well, my car is APR 93 octane chipped.. So I guess the yellow is the correct one?:confused: Or is it safer to use the green spring?:nervous:

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should be fine with the yellow. I only advise trying the Green on a chipped car if the owner can log actual boost versus desired boost to verify that it isn't leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts