Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the different springs that Forge included with my Forge DVR valve that I got from UPS today. Before, I had an HKS SSq BOV on the car in recirculating amd BOV mode (switched between the two a few times) and I had a very slight shuddering sound. Now that I installed the Forge, the shuddering sound is very loud when Im on the car in a frenzied shift and high boost run. Right now, I have the blue spring installed in the valve, and before I could get a steady 20-21 psi, but with my mods, I think I should be a little higher then that. Right now, with the new valve, I can only get about 18-29 psi, and this horrible shudder.

Mods - 1998 AEB with Evo intake, SuperSpring muffler and 2.5" midpipe back, APR 91 and 100 octane chip, N75H, silicone hoses.

What would cause this shuddering sound between shifts? I got the diaphrams, hose clamps, and 2 other springs.

Green - weakest
Blue - medium
Yellow - strongest
Red - no longer made by Forge

So, what's causing my shuddering noise?

Some help please,
Steve

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hmm... I'd go with the stiffer one first.

See how the car reacts to it.

I had the red in mine at first and I'm not sure it was opening fully or at all as it should.

So I went to the next stiffest one (yellow), and it seems to work fine. I don't have a shuddering issue; it opens once at the shift point or when you let off the throttle, and that's it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I belive that shuddering is when the DV isnt opening under boost. The current spring is probally to stiff. You can use the softer one and then add washers to increase tension to that spring.

·
Banned
2,107 Posts
the shuddering is a baaaaad thing....usually means the dv isn't opening, or its opening sporadically....

if that's the case then the excess boost pressure isnt being releaved and its pressing against the turbine...NOT a good sign for turbo life....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
maniac_productions
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing