Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.livephish.com has been redone and now features a streaming audio feed. Basically, they are doing songs from all of the Live Phish releases as an ad to buy the disks. But hey, its a live phish feed all day long of a lot of stuff I don't have yet.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Uh, I think you mean me! :wink: (I'll be surprised if anyone else out there is phriendly...)
This is something I've been waiting for.

·
Registered
277 Posts
phlipsauce....be suprised then.....

been seeing phish and the dead since you were in diapers... :poke: :poke:

peace,

daniel

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
StellaBlue_Dan said:

peace,

daniel
[homer]mmmmm, dead fish in diapers, mmm....[/homer]

;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
flipsauce said:
Uh, I think you mean me! :wink: (I'll be surprised if anyone else out there is phriendly...)
This is something I've been waiting for.
LOL I went to UVM... Phish was like the local party band while I was at school. Kegs of beer and pre-fame Phish music! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
last year, I captured the entire gdlive.com site (all the .shn files). took THREE 120gig drives to mirror that site.

(at the time, I was working at a place that had an almost-idle T3 link. so, uhm, I made use of it) ;)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
linux-works said:
last year, I captured the entire gdlive.com site (all the .shn files). took THREE 120gig drives to mirror that site.

(at the time, I was working at a place that had an almost-idle T3 link. so, uhm, I made use of it) ;)
And you will have them up streaming when? :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Guyute said:
linux-works said:

And you will have them up streaming when? :)
;)

actually, I could stream them. I could just multicast them on loop-mode.

but its a lot easier to bulk copy when the data is measured in hundreds of gig...

I had planned to convert the .shn files to .mp3 but never got around to setting it all up (its a LARGE job!)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I remember when I found that .shn site and decided to mirror it.

I had a single 120gig drive connected to my work box. but then it started filling up so I made a mad dash out to fry's (etc) to get another drive. I was able to find a few drives on sale and then get them formatted and connected (I used firewire since it was hotplug and I didn't have to take the host down to add more disk space). I did that before the first drive ran out of space ;)

over the weekend that it ran, it filled all 3 120gb drives. man!!! when I finally expand to .wav and recompress to mp3, I think they'll fit on less than a single 120, but in their semi-raw state now, they're taking up a LOT of room, just sitting there..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
StellaBlue_Dan said:

peace,

daniel
Pleasantly surprised... However, I couldn't fairly make the assumption that you (being an apparent Deadhead) have embraced the young upstarts :p from VT.

Tyrannosaurus said:
LOL I went to UVM... Phish was like the local party band while I was at school. Kegs of beer and pre-fame Phish music!
Go Cats Go! :lol: I was too young to catch any of the 80's zaniness in Burlington (Nectar's, Hunt's, The Front, etc.). I made up for it in the early 90s though. :wink:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
the phish scene isn't the old dead scene. not really. I haven't been to many phish shows, but I know the old deadheads don't really see phish as any sort of replacement. its a much younger crowd and the 'feel' of the audience isn't really the same. its still far better than most bands' scenes, but its not the GD scene by a long shot. that scene is fully gone, now, sigh.. ;(

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anyone go to the phish shows in Maine. I am not into the phish scene that much but maybe we could have a little gtg at my house like a little bbq on your guys way up if there is one being held this summer. I listen to reggae so maybe we can have some blasting reggae and some bbq!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is definately not the Dead. Too many rich kids on the dole from Mommy and and Daddy that just don't care about anyone but themselves. I saw a couple begging for money to eat in front of Nectar's when Phish was playing at Plattsburg. A few people gave them money and they stood up and fed the meter where a brand new Toyota 4 Runner was parked.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
rich kids who are looking for something to 'join' or a cause to complain about.

even with the Kind Veggie Burritos(tm) in the parking lot, it just aint the same thing..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
flipsauce said:
[
Go Cats Go! :lol: I was too young to catch any of the 80's zaniness in Burlington (Nectar's, Hunt's, The Front, etc.). I made up for it in the early 90s though. :wink:

MMMM Nectar's gravy fries! :heart:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
fish :thumbup:
phish :puke:

haha, had to do it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Medrosje said:
fish :thumbup:
phish :puke:

haha, had to do it.
Surprised it took so long for a hater to infiltrate this thread. :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tyrannosaurus said:
flipsauce said:
[

MMMM Nectar's gravy fries! :heart:
2 of my friends bought Nectar's from Nectar Rorris at the end of last year, Nectar is a great guy. Of course, the gravy recipe was included in the deal. Fortunately, they love the place and don't want to make any sweeping changes.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Chris, Damon and Sally! They're kicking ass: the rock has gotten less classic and the crowd has gotten much younger. Sad that there aren't as many woodchucks coming out of the hills anymore for color, but there are significantly better sights in the bar now. :wink: Check out the Nectar's website: they are TOTALLY renovating the interior! Also, on the DL, they just bought Metronome upstairs. It's all entertainment, all the time in BTV!

PS: My band played at Nectar's a couple times last year. It was daunting, and not quite as magical as I had imagined.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts