Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a DIY job to apply the spoiler to the trunk? And does it come with adhesive tape on it? How difficult a job is it to get it on and aligned perfectly?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Yeah it's super easy, the hardest part is aligning it to where you want to the edge of the trunk lid. I did mine right at the edge and Flippped did his about 1/2" in from the edge like on M3's.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
It is very easy to instal just make sure your trunk lid is wax free (use dawn dish soap) and prep teh area with isopropyl(sp?)

I did an M5 wing on my own before WW started doing theirs and this is how I did it... stayed on just fine :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! :thumbup:

I feel better now. I think I'm about ready to place the order for the spoiler!!

Clubb5 rules!
Tony

·
Registered
711 Posts
For the upcoming Norcal/Socal GTG. Wet works garage is having a sale on its lip spoiler / Defuser line.

These spoilers are normally priced at $225 painted.

If you order before the get together, the price is reduced to $175 painted (Out the door price). Wet Works will install the wings at the GTG if you wish (yes they will walk over to your car!). Or they will ship it to you with no extra charge if you cannot make the event.

You can place your order by clicking here: (Paypal)
CLICK HERE

BUT please include the paint code of your vehicle. This can be found on your spare tire well.

If you have any questions, please call Joe at 714-890-5117

http://wetworksgarage.com/Prod...s.htm

·
Registered
432 Posts
Guys - I ordered my spoiler about 3 weeks ago..there was a bit of a delay because I forgot to include the color code for my car. At any rate, I noticed this discount and asked Joe at Wetworks if I could cash in.....not a problem (since it had not shipped) - Paypaled some $$$ right over wothout hesitation.

Service at its finest.

I'll post pics once I slap it on my LC7V Anthracite Blue B5.5 :D

steve

Oh, and that link
http://wetworksgarage.com/Products/rear_spoilers.htm

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Very easy install, I'm very satisfied with mine.
Here are some tips:

- Before installing the spoiler, clean the trunk surface with rubbing alcohol.
- Place the spoiler where you want on your trunk (make sure it's centered and it sticks out beyond the trunk edge in a consistant fashion).
- Using low-tack masking tape, mark off the ends and the inside edge of the spoiler on the trunk (this will be your guide for easy and proper placement of the spoiler easy, which is crucial since once it is stuck on it is there for good).
- Use a hairdryer to warm up the trunk surface and the spoiler (this will ensure the best adhesion).
- Peel off the adhesive backer and start at one side of the trunk and work your way to the other side, following the masking tape guides and pressing firmly. A second person will come in handy to prevent parts of the spoiler from accidently touching anything.
- Avoid getting your car wet or washing for the next 48 hours.

·
Registered
331 Posts
THis is too cool! Has anyone installed one as a roof spoiler, adhering it to the very top of the rear window? Any pics?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
is this sale just for the trunk or they going to have the sale for the glass spoiler also....I'm in NYC can I join the discount and have mine shipped???

·
Registered
331 Posts
wicked a2 said:
is this sale just for the trunk or they going to have the sale for the glass spoiler also....I'm in NYC can I join the discount and have mine shipped???
It's the same spoiler isn't it?

·
Registered
711 Posts
wicked a2 said:

sale will last until this friday, april 9th... this also includes the rear window spolier...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts