Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

For those of us who can't afford HIDs....nice alternative!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rorymcadams 
#1 ·
I just upgraded my OE H7 Low beams. I replaced them with the Sylvania "Silverstar" bulbs.

They are definately an improvement over the standard Halogen :lol:!

Rated 12V 55Watts @ ~4000 K they throw a very bright, white light (not blue) far down the road 8)!

This upgrade took appoximately 17 minutes - 1.5 minutes driver side - 15.5 passenger side (PITA).If you're on a budget this is a cheap upgrade that doesn't take much time. You can DIY and it approaches HID brightness! :beer: :beer: :beer:

#3 ·
I am located in Canada, I purchased them at a place here called "Canadian Tire".....the American equivalent would be something like "Pep Boys". I paid $66.00 CAD after tax.

Log onto www.sylvania.com look for their "Silverstar" line....they should be able to hook you up with a local distributor.

I do know that in the U.S.A. they are imported through OSRAM SYLVANIA Products, Inc. out of Hillsboro, New Hampshire

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

#4 ·
I saw the display at CTC too and picked up a pair. I blew out one of my low beams so I spring for the pair.
The difference really surprised me. (rare mod to do that!)

The only problem is that they make the DRL look yellow, and changing the high beams (which are also the DRL's) looks way too difficult. Maybe when my knuckles heal!

#5 ·
Actually I got the same thing..

I saw them at Walmart Supercenter (of all Places)

They were in a dual pack for I thing 29.99 or 39.99 but man they are BRIGHT...

So make sure you ook in your nearest Wally World first might save you some money getting the dual pack..

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.