Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to check this show out. It's on Saturday, Sep 3, in a Chicago suburb called Grayslake, a little ways west of the Tri-State Tollway (I-94). For those who know my rather unique VW enthusiast status, a purist that likes STOCK water-cooleds, I'm thinking this event could potentially have many others like me. Certainly, the young tuner crowd will be there, and probably air-cooled people as well, but there's an option at this event I've never seen before:

For $25, you can enter your car in the judging competition which I would assume would have the normal classes, OR.....for just $15, you can enter without being judged, you just park and display your ride. It is in this category where I hope to meet others with just plain stock VWs and/or Audis.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
That might worth checking into. I wonder if 'Steve in Chicago' is going? Probably could meet a few members there.
Let me see what I can work out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that would destroy my plans for this would be if that Saturday happens to be the only day I can help my daughter move back into her college dorm. My fingers are crossed, and I'd love to meet some of you guys.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a heads up here....If anyone on this website is seriously considering this, pre-registration ends August 20. You have to go to either the FB page or the website to do this. I'm planning on it, but I'm still waiting to hear when my daughter's assigned moving-back-in day will be in her dorm. If it's that Saturday, I'm screwed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All systems are go. My daughter's move -in is the next day, so I'll be there. Anyone else going? I'll have a plain gray B5 in the non-judged section. I have salt and pepper hair, a gray goatee, and wear little round John Lennon glasses....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts