Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This 1984 VW GTI belonged to the original female owner from new until 2004 when she offered it back to VW of America as the next caretaker. The car was purchased by Clark Campbell, the VW Motorsports Manager and museum curator. It was put in the historic display at their Auburn Hills, Michigan headquarters where it remains to this day having only been routinely started and exercised. The current seller purchased the car in 2008 when he worked at VW of America but has never removed it from the museum. VW is relocating at the end of March 2011 and the car needs to move on to a new owner. It is available in Michigan for $6500. Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested.
More at Bring a Trailer

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
I dunno....almost 100K miles on it for $6,500? It's 'clean' and very well taken care for but that's all the makes it stand out. What's a nice 'driver' MK1 GTI go for now days? Half that?

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Guess I'm wrong. A little research tells me these are getting rare. Used to be able find them everywhere cheap. So if that paint's as good as it seems, and the interior is also...and it runs great this probably is a deal. Looks like MK1's are finally hitting the collectible status. :thumbup:

If I didn't have too many cars right now I would consider it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
...its a museum car in a condition good enough to be displayed in a museum.
seriously its a good deal for a gti enthusiast with the cash.

this is like if passats started getting extinct and the museum had only one and it was mint and was 6500 i would buy it in a heartbeat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts