Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a Sony CDX-GT820ip head unit. This will come with the following accessories:

1. PAC SWI-PS: use your steering wheel controls to control the Sony head unit. As it was in use in my car, it is already programmed for the Passat's steering wheel buttons.
2. SIR-SNY1: Sirius tuner module for head unit, allows control of Sirius through the head unit controls.
3. Sony 10 disc changer, model unknown but supports CD text and has magazine, may have two magazines.
4. Amplified antenna power adapter, powers the OEM antenna for proper reception of FM/AM stations
5. Head unit has built-in iPod dock cable and supports full iPod control from head unit.
6. All harness adapters to make install essentially Plug n Play
7. All cables to connect the modules, including RCAs and data cables are 15-20 feet long
8. Original cage with release tools
9. Original Sony infrared remote
10. Head unit box with manual

Stereo Specs:
*Three 4v pre-amp outputs for front/rear/subwoofer (separate sub volume control)
*Expandable with additional modules (like the Sirius tuner and CD changer included with sale)
*52w x 4 channel
*MP3/WMA/AAC CD Playback
*Front 3.5mm auxilary jack
*Red/green/blue color schemes

Everything you need to install this system in your Passat.

This unit is in fantastic like-new condition, looking for $130 shipped, $120 local. Comes with transferrable replacement warranty through Fry's Electronics, valid through July 2011.

Here's a video I made with a quick feature run-down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nCe285HRKQ

And some pics:

More pics below!

·
Registered
226 Posts
do the colors match well with the stock lights? what year car do you have it installed in? what was the stock stereo you had in you car? why are you selling it? is there anything not working with it?

·
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. The red is a dead-on match, but unfortunately the blue is not. VW's blue is proprietary and not very many head units match it. The screen and volume knob are always blue, but button color can be red as shown, green, or blue. The blue is close, but not dead on.

2. This is in my 2001MY B5.5 Passat, which came with the single-DIN non-CAN-Bus Monsoon.

3. I am trying to raise money to upgrade to an in-dash navigation system.

4. The unit is in excellent like-new condition.

·
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found my original purchase receipt, which includes my warranty information.

This unit is warranted through Fry's Electronics until July 2011.

I have also added this to the first post.

·
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to bump again, but I think I was asking too much so I lowered the prices. Also feel free to shoot over offers. Looking for a quick sale.

·
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Out of car, waiting for you!

(3 items not pictured but are included; Sirius antenna, amplified antenna adapter, faceplate box)

Special Liquidation Price $130 shipped, $120 pickup! w000000TTTT!!!!

·
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, there's a few months left on the Sirius.

But things have changed. After raising the money I needed for the MFD unit I wanted, I still found myself unable to pay for reasons which really piss me off.

Regardless, I am buying back my sub and amp I sold, and I am cancelling the sale of this system. It was re-installed into my car over the weekend.

I understand that this head unit can be had new now for ~$130-150. I really can't fathom selling this complete setup for less than that espcially with everything I'm including (you couldn't replicate this complete system used for even $200 I'll bet) and I only ended up pricing that low because I really wanted the MFD unit. Even with over a year left on a full replacement warranty, the best offer I received was $110 shipped. C'mon, are you serious?

Now that the urgency has passed, I may still be persuaded to sell the complete system for a much more reasonable price of $200 + S&H; anyone can send a PM if interested. Otherwise, consider this system no longer available for purchase.

Mods, you can lock this up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts